19 and think i found a lump

Is this normal it really stand out and is quite hard, i haven’t been to the doctors yet and i don’t know if im too young and if it normal. I’m 19 not 20 till December. Some advice would be welcome.

Hello Ip2

Welcome to the forums, you’ve come to the right place for support as the users of this site have a wealth of experience and knowledge between them and I’m sure they will be along to support you soon.

If you would like to talk to someone in confidence you may like to phone our helpline  where you can talk to a member of staff. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open again on Monday morning and normal hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi Ip2 if you notice any changes to your breasts including "thinking " you’ve found a lump you need to get it checked by your GP. There are many conditions which cause lumps in breasts which are not BC especially when you are young, but you do need to get it checked out and sooner rather than later. Don’ t think that you are wasting the docs time either, they would much rather you go and them to discover its benign than to just
ignore it. Best wishes Pat xx

Thanks pat, that was the worry i didn’t wanna feel like i was wasting the doctors time, i told my mom today and she felt it and im gonna go the doctors thanks again xx

I’ve been referred to the breast clinic i don’t really know what to expect as the doctor didn’t tell me anything at all just gave me the refferal letter x

Thank you pat, i really appreciate your advice and support its really helped me alot!!
Leanne x

Here’s the link to the booklet lp2 which Pat has kindly mentioned just in case you haven’t found it:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/worried-about-breast-cancer/referral-breast-clinic-bcc70

Best wishes
Lucy BCC