3 mammograms in 3 weeks

I’m 43 yrs, I had a mammogram as I found a ‘something’ in my left breast, had scan and mammogram, I was contacted to come back as the right breast had shown some irregularities, I had a scan, biopsy and another mammogram, they told me they’d found a lymph node they were checking out and another mass that was unexplained, I’ve had another letter to go for yet another mammogram as they’re not sure what it is. I’m very scared, have no idea what to think, does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks.

Hi manda,

So sorry you’re having to deal with all this uncertainty, obviously they are trying to get to the bottom of what it is, hence repeating investigations, sometimes this does happen. But, you do need to know what’s happening & to get an answer. Is your appointment soon, so that you can deal with this? It also might be worth contacting the helpline here to talk it through.

ann x

Hi Ann, I had the third Mammogram today, lots of different angles! They told me everything was going to the consultant and they would be in touch, so it’s a waiting game again. I am so impressed with the hospital, they have been really proactive so hopefully it won’t be too long a wait. Thank you for the message, makes me feel much calmer. Manda x