32 weeks pregnant and recently diagnosed

I am 37yrs old and 32 weeks pregnant with my third baby girl, 6 weeks ago i was diagnosed with having grade 3 triple negative breast cancer, my thoughts were straight away was i ever going to meet my new baby and be a mum to my other 2 daughters. With alot of help from my mum i have had surgery to remove the lump and also 4 lymph nodes and am currently recovering from this op. In the next 4 weeks my baby girl will be induced and i will have a few weeks to bond and breast feed and then will start my chemo. Really scared at this thought, how will i cope to care for a new baby a toddler and a pre teen. Reading what everyone else is going through or been through gives me so much hope that i can beat this. My thoughts loves and prayers go out to everyone that are battling this horrible disease, i hope one day they find a cure xx

Hi summaluv

I’m sorry to read you’re having to go through such a difficult time at the moment, I’m sure some of the other users will be a long soon to offer you their experiences and support. 

In the meantime you might find it helpful to read the BCC factsheet ‘breast cancer during pregnancy’ If you would like to order a copy or read this on line just follow the link below:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-during-pregnancy-bcc25

Also if you need to talk things through please do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you share your feelings and cocnerns with someone who will offer you emotional support and practical information.  The lines are open Monday to friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Sorry to read your news, it’s really bad that you have had to have surgery while you are pregnant, hope you are recovering well. If it helps, I had my first chemotherapy today and I’m fine tonight, just a mild headache, so don’t worry about that too much, just cross each bridge when you come to it… Must be very difficult looking after young children in these circumstances, but your mum is helping, and I’m sure your nurses will be able to tell you what other help is available. Love and best wishes to you xx