38 & just found out

Hi everyone, I’m 38 & just found out I have bc, I am also triple negative & had the braca test done but won’t find out those results for a few weeks! I’m scared out of my mind not knowing if it has spread to lymph nodes or not! Hopefully my surgery will be soon so I will know more! Isingle glad I found this site! If anyone is in the Fresno/ Clovis area I would love to meet!

Hello Young Mother

Welcome to the forums. I’m sorry to hear of your diagnosis, the first few weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with your diagnosis and treatment.
As well as the support you will receive on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

You may also like to talk things through with one of the helpline staff, they are there to offer emotional support as well as provide information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hello Young mother. So sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Its always such a shock espexially at a young age. I am 33 and found out I had breast cancer in October. I have had surgery and am waiting to start chemotherapy now.
Theres nothing anyone can say to make you feel better right now but try not to worry about the lymph nodes etc until after your op. Try and take it one step at a time.
This site is amazing and has made me feel so much better - we are all going through this awful time but we are going through it together and sometimes just reading the other womens posts helps, especially the bonkers ones (look up a thread callled benchland).
Everyone on here is so helpful and we can in turn help others going through the same thing.
Wishing you the best of luck.
BlueRose

Hi young mother,
i was 43 on diagnosis a year ago, terrified doesn’t come close, unfortunately the first few weeks are absolute hell waiting for all the results to come in. This site was my lifeline and helped me enormously, the helplines and ask a nurse service are just fab, BCC also run younger women’s forums throughout the year which you may be interested in later. For info there’s a Facebook site for younger women, it’s called The Younger Women’s Breast Cancer Network, if you’re interested in joining that you’ll need to send a PM to admin.
Take care
Lydia x

Hi I was 42 when I was dx tn bc last march…I had my chemo first, mx then rads. I did have 6/18 nodes involved, but that’s why they give you the chemo…to mop up anything thats escapes. It is horrible and something none of use ever wanted to experience, but you will be able to get through it. You will find a strength you never realised you had and when you are out the other end, it gives you a totally new outlook on life. Good luck with your journey x