5th chemo tomorrow

Hi All

I have my hopefully penultimate chemo tomorrow - its true what they say that you get more tired as the chemo goes on - well certainly I have done!!
Things not going well with OH at the mo - more my fault than his I think. Been together for 2 years and pretty much think it is over - again my choice not his. I just dont have the energy for a relationship that is not quite right anyway - feel like I need to focus on beating this disease and getting my 14 year old through it too. Just dont want to make the wrong decision. I know theres no advice any of you can give but just wanted to write it down anyway. I think I am ok with it all but generally down anyway - as one would expect!!

Hope you are all doing ok out there in cyberland
Sending hugs
Fiona
xx

Hi Fiona

hope all goes well with the chemo, I have finished mine and it really is a great feeling, you will get there, not long now ! Take care of yourself, and your teenager, can’t advise on your other half unfortunately, but I am sure you will make the right decision.

Good luck
Diane x

Hi Fiona

Sorry you are going through a tough time with your OH,but one thing about the bl*ody disease is that it forces you to revaluate your life and the people with whom you share it. Sounds as though you have already made your decision and I’m sure you don’t need to waste time or energy on something that is not working for you. Good on you!

Hope your penultimate chemo goes OK for you…almost there - you are just behind me, my last one is 2nd Nov and I am getting very impatient, just want this part over.

Take care of yourself and your daughter…hope your Mum and Dad are doing better now.
Love and hugs
Ali
x

Ali

Thnx so much for remembering about mum and dad - very touching - not sure my memory of everyone on here is that good. Dad ok and waiting for more tests and we are just looking at residential homes for mum - we have seen 3 and only like 1 - we are spose to chose our top 3 but that might prove hard - the one we like we absolutely love and can see her very settled there - might have to lay it on thick to the social worker about everything and see what she can do.

This disease does as you say force you to re-evaluate life - the OH is not a bad person but just cannot see a long term future with him - as a friend yes but anything more then dont think so. As you say I have prob made my decision - maybe should have made it ages ago. Being single certainly does not bother me one bit - I am very independent - maybe too much so!!

Roll on the 2nd Nov for you - have you had surgery or is that to come?? - told you my memory was awful so sorry I should know!!

Love and hugs to you
Fiona
x

Hi! Fiona-- Get the Social worker to do all your fighting for you, She will be able to see all the problems
you have had to deal with and should be making life easier for all your family-- it’s her job.
Bet your Dad was a happy chappy on Saturday his team winning would give him a lift—
take care of yourself Jeanxx

Absolutely right - they will,I’m sure be sympathetic to your current situation. DO lay it on thick (not that you should need to) but I am becoming world champion at that…it definitely helps!!!

Yeah I have my dates and my life revolves around them at the moment. I see the plastic surgeon on 7th Nov and then booked in for Bi-Lat Mastectomy on 30th Nov - still oddly calm at the moment,but sure that will change…

Take care hun.
Love and hugs
Ali
x

Ali

I dont have a date for surgery yet - have always been hoping for wle but the more time goes on the more I think about would I be better to have mastectomy to reduce risk of recurrence - it is something I am going to further discuss with onc and surgeon - cos the thought of going through all this again does nothing for me - its a difficult decision.

Glad you have your dates - reckon my surgery will be just before of just after surgery. I just want to know now - sort of be in more control if you like!!

Thinking of you
Fiona
xx

Hi Fiona,

I really hope your penultimate chemo goes/went well today. You’re nearly there, not long to go now!! I’m so sorry to hear of your troubles with your OH, sending you a ‘cyber hug’ (((((o)))))!

Do let us know how your chemo went,

Take care,

Kelly
-x-

Hi Kelly - and all

Chemo went fine - feel fine at mo - usually not sick or even nauseas so keeping fingers crossed this will be no different!! Looking forward to constipation next few days!!!

Cheers for all your comments

Sending hugs to you all

Fiona
xx