A treat for sore mouths!!

A treat for sore mouths!!

A treat for sore mouths!! Hi - thought I would share this.

My lovely daughter bought me a set of Ice-lolly moulds that you can pop in the freezer and make your own. These have been brilliant for my ‘sore mouth’ days and I can make up flavours to suit my jaded palate. My favs are:

Strawberry smoothie: Blend some apple juice, banana and strawbs then pour into the mould and freeze - Yum

apple juice and ginger ale.

Also found it is rather nice to suck on a lolly when I wake up all hot and flushed during the night - it cools me down and helps me get back to sleep.

Look out for these - and have fun, share exciting flavours

Good luck to you all Love Swanie

My oncologist suggested eating pineapple when my mouth was sore and this was quite soothing.

Mmm sounds yummy Thanks for that fab lolly idea, will get some ice lolly moulds and experiment with lots of flavours

nadia x

Mmm sounds yummy Thanks for that fab lolly idea, will get some ice lolly moulds and experiment with lots of flavours

nadia x

My friend who was living in America when she was diagnosed with breast cancer told me that when she was undergoing chemotherapy the nurses kept ice lollies in the freezer at the chemo suite and everyone used to sit there sucking them whilst having their treatment.

Perhaps the idea is that the coldness prevents the chemo drugs from affecting the cells lining the mouth - a bit like the cold cap for the head?

Dee
x