abnormal eye sight test, brain mets?

I am rather anxious as I recently had a routine eye test and my vision had barely changed but the optician has refered me to the hospital has there are abnormalities at the back of one eye.

He re-did the eye pressure test which was abnormally low, and he said because of my 'history, i.e. BC, he is just being cautious. When I asked him what it could be I felt he was being evasive, he just said lets wait and see what the further tests show.

Is this paranoia? I do sometimes get a shooting pain in my temple on the same side as the dodgy eye too.

Has anyone had these symtoms and could it be brain mets? As we all know, it’s the not knowing that causes us alarm and I am wondering should I be chasing this up? I am certainly not sleeping too well since.

Have a routine app with surgeon in 3 wks but don’t want to wait that long.

Irene

Have put this in the wrong section so will re-locate it into secondaries

Dagnabbit!!! I know Irene said she put this in the wrong section but it seems to be recurring that so many of these so-called professionals are too patronising to tell us what they believe may be wrong!

“Let’s wait and see” just isn’t good enough. Clearly, he has some sort of suspicion or he wouldn’t have taken the action he has. The consequence of him choosing not to enlighten Irene is that she will now be worried sick; probably a lot more so than if he had explained his concerns to her in the first place.

Sorry for the rant; mainly on Irene’s behalf but mainly because this sort of thing seems to happen time and time again!

When will these people learn that we are not to be wrapped in cotton wool, (or treated like mushrooms!), but are intelligent, rational, mature, adult human beings, who deserve the right to information about our own bodies?!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Love to all from an angry beano
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And, of course, the most important message here is to Irene. You are not alone, hon. The good people on this forum are right there with you, with love, support and hugs

beano x

irene you are loved and being prayed for your fears can def weigh you down

big hugs
cee