Abraxane/ Avastin outcomes?

Hi ladies I have just finished a chemo combo since June of paxlitaxel then switched to abraxane due to a skin reaction and also been receiving Avastin … Had good results after last scan but anxious about this one. Thank you!

Hi Mariposa52

Whilst you ware waiting for the other users to reply with their knowledge and experience do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can share your thoughts and concerns with a memeber of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 3pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi ladies…i was on weekly taxol for a few cycles at the end of last year and when i asked about abraxane was told it was no diferent or better than wekly taxol. I asked about having avastin and was at first told it was not effective (thats why it was coming of the CDF) i wasnt happy with this and my onc  then told  me he would apply for it and keep it in reserve if taxol wasnt enough. when this time came i was then told i couldnt have it as i had already had 2 lines of chemo beforehand. I am so cross to think this could have worked for me but, basically because of money, i was denied the chance to try. I hope you keep getting good results. x

Hi Julia, I’m starting Abraxane at the end of the month. Large dose every 3 weeks. I have bone mets and a small pocket of fluid was noticed in one of my lungs. No disease can be seen there. Just looking for information. Did you tolerate it okay and did you see positive results. Hope you are doing well

Hi Mulligans - I had two doses of Abraxane (the weekly dose) while in a German oncology clinic. My skin mets and nodes reduced considerably over the two weeks. I’ve been on weekly Paclitaxel since coming home. My onc said because I’m having a weekly dose the side effects will be less. I hope you tolerate it well and have a very good and quick result.

Best wishes.

X