absent consultant

Hi Abismum and Chebsy,
well am I glad to be back in sunny Cornwall!
We left on Saturday and stayed with my eldest daughter and then went to visit youngest she lives in Newcastle, it is even colder there. Had to be fair to both so we only got back last night. We have booked to go to Gerona 29th Nov to 3rd of Dec expect massive heat wave then!
Hope you are feeling better Chebsy glad your treatment is coming to an end.
Good luck with op Abismum i am sur new nip will be lovely.
When we got back last night I have new appointment with Mr Brown 28th Nov so he must be back by then.
I am happy to meet up whenever we can only problem is I am one of the unlucky ones with secs but I promise not to scare you.
I went to Hayle on the Look Good Feel Good, really
enjoyed it and we were all given loads of products in fact both my girls were really impressed with my makeup bag.

Love Debsxxx

Hi Chebsy, Our trip to Bristol is definitely jinxed, OH has to go to a meeting on 15th Nov.! in Par, so it is now one night in a travelodge and straight back. You’re right, family can be visited any time and this time it just wasn’t meant to happen.

It had better be Mr Brown!, I don’t want anyone else to do it, I shall sulk! I shall check when I go for the pre-assessment on the 4th. I did not expect it to be so complicated, I have to be there at 8.00am (that means leaving in the middle of the night as you know) no food after midnight etc. all this for half an hour with local anaesthetic? I’ll keep you informed.

I have registered for the walk at Lanhydrock. I am hoping I won’t be sore, there are no nerves in the circle of skin that came from my back so should be OK. We can definitely meet up then, I hope the weather is reasonable.

Hope you feel better soon, you always sound positive, I am most of the time, just get a bit serious sometimes and I am an emotional being, I can cry at anything, being piscean has a lot to answer for!

Hope Debs is OK, maybe still in Manchester?

Love xxx

Hi Debs

Our messages have crossed, glad you’re OK. It would be good to get together sometime and share experiences on a personal level.

Love xxx

Hi again

Did you get my note Chebsy? It has gone quiet are you ok?

I was given my 12 month check-up on Monday, no one told me that was what they were going to do, but I was glad. I had been given the impression I was being left for 2 years as my tumour was invisible any way. I had mammogram, ultra-sound and physical exam. all ok so I am happy with that. Gave samples for study and have filled in questionaires.

Mr Brown is back working, I did not see him but saw his car and was told he was back.

Hi debs, picked up some of other threads and see you are a bit poorly. hope you feel better soon.

Love xxx

Thanks,
I am going for a scan tomorrow so fingers crossed my liver is behaving and it is just the infection. Mind you they cant find where it is, I did pick up a nasty cold in Gerona maybe its hanging around a bit.

Love Debsxxx

Hi Debs and Abismum -
(Yes; Abismum I did get your note - thanks - have been meaning to get in touch but have been out of circulation for a while! _ haven’t been too good after 5th chemo - Froiday before last had a bit of a temp and felt a bit off - slight sore throat - phoned chemo and was told to go to Sunrise - neutrophils down to 0.33 so was admitted - no single bedroom available so put in ward with four others - two of them had hacking coughs. Put on intravenous antibiotics - but was very painful so given oral antibiotics and sent home on Sun evening - my consultant thought I would stay healthier at home even tho I was having a bone scan next day. Had bone scan - haven’t had results yet. Then on Wed - felt rough again and was told to go to hospital again - this time I was very neutropenic - neut count- 0.02 - luckily was a single bed so I was in isolation - until yesterday (Tues) After all the intravenous stuff my arm looks like a coal miner who forgot to wash his left arm! Blood good - I’m good and having last chemo on Friday- will be jolly pleased to say the least!!! I had been great with it all apart from fatigue until no 5!

Anyway - feel great now - get friday over and then look forward to Lanhydrock - see you there Abismum - will send an email when got over next chemo to make sure we can recognise each other! Glad you were pleased with your last check up.Ypu going Debs? How are you doing now - you sound to have had a rough time - any better- don’t worry about scaring us with secs- we three should all meet up soon - sounds a bit like a touch of Macbeth!

Lots of love to you both and keep in touch xxx

Hi to you both,
I am sorry to hear you had to go to the ward they wanted me to go in last week as I have had or got an infection. I think it is avastin related. When I asked dr would I pick up some other infection she said that is a possibility so after ringing onc they agreed I could stay home. Saw onc Tues had scan Friday in on Fri for avastin and pamidronate so we will see what the problem is. So maybe we will meet this Friday on chemo ward.
Keep well.

Love Debsxxx

Hi to you both,
well what a day, I had to put back my app so didnt get home until 7-30.
Chebsy I asked if they knew you on chemo ward, they said they didnt and they rang the other ward and the nurse there said you had just left. Sorry I missed you.
Hope your last chemo went ok.
I have started a new thread on secondaries forum re my return to taxol.
Hubby spotted Mr Sexy Brown has a new car, same plate though.
Good luck with your treatments, not sure where you are up to Abismum, but I think today was your last chemo Chebsy, so congratulations.

Love Debsxxx

Hi Debs - just read of all your trials and tribulations on your new thread - left message there-
love and hugs xxx

Hi both,

You have both been having a rough time recently, hope you’re on the mend.

Had appointment in onc on Tuesday, I was worried because my weight has dropped, they are going to see me again in the new year and see if it has stablised, told not to worry!

Going to Hayle on Tuesday for pre-assessment then hopefully it’s all set for the new nipple on 13th!

Love xxx

Hi
good luck for tomorrow I am only around the corner so if you are popping into St Ives you have to pass our front door. 4th house past Cost Cutter if you want to pop in.

Hope you are both o.k. I have slept all of Sunday and until 4pm today!

Love Debsxxx

Hi both,

Hope you are ok.

I have had the nipple recon. Jenny did it with IMB supervising. He is looking good and trying not to work too hard. Dressings come off on 25th, had a quick look, odd red blob! apparently it will shrink a bit and should look ok after the tattooing.

Did the walk yesterday in just over 2 hours so was very pleased, no after effects either, but it was tough going in the middle. Raised £209.00

Love xxx

First of all Debs and Abismum - so sorry for not being in touch - just found the card you left for me at hosp, Abismum - thanks and so sorry not to have responded! Have been feeling a bit down so haven’t been posting. Was going to phone but thought I would grovel a bit here first! I didn’t do walk - was back in isolation at hosp with another infection…my family did it - we were all going to do it so I made about £2200 lying flat on my back! Finished chemo at end of Oct. Now on Arimidex - 6 weeks into it and got very achy joints and am working on remedies for that - lots of good advice on that thread. Getting new nipple on 9th March! Going to Bristol on Thurs to see my grandson for his first birthday on Fri - he’s still got more hair than me! Anyway - enough of me - how are you both?
Love xxxxx

Hi
welcome back was going to start a new thread ‘All alone in Cornwall’ just to shame you both in to posting! Hope you both had a good Christmas and new year.
If you want to catch up with my dilemma ‘Back on Taxol’ will tell all. Congratulations £2200 is very respectable. When I was on arimidex red clover and sage helped with hot flushes and aches.
Love Debsxxx

Hi Debs - So sorry you are having such a rough time and yet being so positive - have just caught up on your threads and there’s me whingeing about aches on Arimidex - going to see the bearded Mr Brown tomorrow - lovely man- feel he’s going to burn himself out though - loves his work but not all the bureaucratic cr** that goes with it.

Haven’t heard from Abismum -but wish her well and send love and very big hugs to you! xx

Hi
I think we are blessed with the team at the Royal Cornwall Duncan in oncology is like Ian Brown young handsome and doesn’t give a …ck to the budget if it is needed he busts a gut to get it.
I have recommended this site to couple of primary bc girls that I have met in chemo so hope they log on.
Take care sending love to you both.
Love Debsxxx