Accessing lapatinib for secondary breast cancer treatment.

Hi, Can anyone help or advise on how I can get funding for lapatinib. It has been denied by my PCT and my oncologist has indicated it is the treatment I should be receiving next. Has anyoune been in a similar situation and succeeded? What questions need to be asked when appealing such decisions? Regards to all, josie 1.

Hi Josie, welcome to the BCC forums.

Whilst you await replies you may want to talk this through with one of our helpliners who should be able to point you in the right direction, the number to call is 0808 800 6000, weekdays 9-5 and Sat 9-2.

Best wishes
Lucy

Hi Josie, I don’t know if you have had surgery and whether you have distant mets or local recurrence but you (may) find this trial info useful.
cancerhelp.org.uk/trials/a-trial-looking-at-lapatinib-before-surgery-for-breast-cancer?SearchQuery=and%28content%3astring%28%22Lapatinib%22%2cmode%3d%22simpleall%22%29%29and%28crdtype%3astring%28%22ClinicalTrial%22%29%29and%28crtrialstatus%3astring%28%22Open%22%29%29&AdvancedSearchFormType=research_and_trials_adv_search_form&OffsetValue=1
Good Luck. I’m sure there are others here who know much more about accessing Lapatinib…x