Aches & pains

Aches & pains

Aches & pains Hi to all

I still seam to have aches & pains in my arm where lymph nodes were removed and sometimes in my breast where the lump was removed. I finished traetment in Jan 06 and op was in June 05. It not very painful it’s just I never seam to go for long without twinges. I am careful not to lift with this arm. I heard that massaging can help has anyone tried this? And does anyone get odd pains?

Sorry if I sound to be winging but some days I feel that there is no end to all this.

Love & best wishes to all

Vodkasue

Advice and support Dear vodkasue
You may find the ‘Ask the Nurse’ service helpful for the query you have, you can access this via the following link:

breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=119

The BCC helpline on 0808 800 6000 is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm if you feel that you would like to talk to someone in confidence.

Kind regards
BCC Host

Aches and Pains Hi there

Like you I still have aches and pains in my arm and breast. I am certainly more aware now of any aches and pains in my body!!

I underwent a lumpectomy and lymph node removal in November 2005. I finished chemo and radio in September 2006 and then commenced onto Herceptin. Now and again my arm really aches and I get shooting pains in my breast. I thing (hope) it is all down to the nerve endings that have been tampered with.

I am more conscious of what I do with my arm now and refuse to have blood taken from it or blood pressure carried out on this arm. I am also more careful how much I lift.

I recently had a bout of cording again in my arm but after a few exercises became mobile again.

Best wishes

Sandra
xx

aches etc I still get aches in my armpit and tenderness and shooting pains in my chest, and I had my mastectomy and treatment 4 years ago! My consultant says that the damage from surgery and radiotherapy is extensive and that it is normal to have such sensations. Hope this helps!

I agree. I’m three years down the line and although the shooting pains have stopped my breast is still tender and I still get pains where my nodes were removed.Must say though that my mammogramme last week wasn’t nearly as painful as last years!

Aches and pains Hi Vodkasue
I agree with the other ladies. I had surgery and lymph node clearance
in 2003 and my breast is still painful at times and tender all the time. Don’t know how long it takes to feel normal again or if it ever recovers completely. Anyone further along who can tell us? It’s early days for you yet Vodkasue and if you need a whinge now and again ,as most of us do, this is a great place to do it. Hugs.
Kate x