advice please for my mum.

hi my mum is 80 and a year ago had lumpectomy and sentinel node in bothe breasts. this was followed by radiotherapy.
she is now on tamoxifen… i know doctors are usually right. but is tamoxifen right for old people…
she is having very very bad join pain and a job to walk now. she doesnt know if its tablets or not.
has anybody got any advice or q she can ask oncologist when she goes on wed.
thank you all.

hi i just want to bring this to front again as cant believe i have had no advice so heres hoping.

Hi Jal7777

Sorry you haven’t had any replies to your question, if you would like to give the helpline a ring they’ll be only too happy to have a chat with you about this. Lines open this morning at 9am until 5pm (weekdays) and Saturday 9am - 2pm, calls are free, 0808 800 6000

Hope they can help.

Kind regards,
Jo, Facilitator

Hi Jal7777

A very dear friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer, had lumpectomy and nodes removed of which I believe at least one was positive. She took Tamoxifen for 5 years - couldn’t wait to come off it because of the side-effects but stuck with it. She was 79 when diagnosed and celebrated her 88th birthday earlier this year!

regards

Gwyn