Advice ref Recon! Anyone heard of Miss Vydia?

Hi,

I have not posted on here for along time, but have read many posts and comments.

After a really bad twelve months I can actually now have a recon after a single mascetomy. My comsultation is 8th Jan 2009 with Miss Vydia.
What question should I ask?
Anyone had a recon done by Miss Vydia? (any comments)
What to expect?

I think I am looking forward to being sort of balanced again but really woried about pre & post op things. I am wondering if I am doing the right thing or wether I should just leave well alone and be happy with the fact that I am well and alive!

Really confused as what to expect or do…

Any advice is welcome
Thanks
Mel
xx

I guess that this means no one can help me!
:frowning:

Hi Mel

I am posting a link to a BCC publication about breast reconstruction which you may find helpful to read, you can read it via the following link:

breastcancercare.org.uk/docs/breast_reconstruction_dec06_web_0.pdf

You are also welcome to call our confidential helpline for further support and information on 0808 800 6000, it’s open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat 9am-2pm.

Best wishes
Lucy

Hi Mel

Sorry that you’ve not had many replies to your posting. Unfortunately I’ve not heard of Miss Vydia and I think that maybe why nobodys posted to you.

I finally had a reconstruction on 15th November, after having my mastectomy in May 2006. It took me almost 2 years to decide to go ahead and then I cancelled the op in the summer because I couldn’t face another summer of feeling unwell. But after finally going through the op four weeks ago I can tell you that I’m really glad that I did. I had the LD flap where they take the muscle from your back and bring it forward and then a small implant (I’m a 38B). I must say the result is really good and I’ve just been to a lingerie shop in Altrincham and I’ve had a fabulous afternoon trying on nice lacy bras etc. I’m still in a lot of discomfort (can’t say its pain anymore) but I think its all been worth it.

The breast cancer reconstruction website which the facilitor has mentioned above is also really good to get extra information before your meeting with the Doctor. My consultant gave me all the options for the different types but more or less talked me into the LD flap operation because of my size etc but I’d more or less come to the same conclusion by looking at the reconstruction site.

I hope you feel better once you had done some more research and had your meeting with Miss Vydia.

Good luck

Anniemayxxxx

Thank you so much Anniemay.

I am still not sure what to do as I have been through so much already and not sure wether I can face another (it would be my 4)
But thank you. I will do a bit more research and see what Miss Vydia has to say.

TC
XX
Mel