Age 39, had full hysterectomy, & been on HRT for 7 years

Hello,
I just joined today.
I am waiting for my breast clinic appointment to come through after visiting the GP surgery yesterday.
(within 2 wks GP said)
I have had a soreness in my left breast for approx 1 year. But could never really feel anything there.

I went to my GP before last Xmas 2012, & was told to go back around February if I still had it.
Well it didn’t seem as bad earlier in the year & hadn’t really bothered me.
Up until the last couple of months.

I discovered recently whist in the bath, that if I have soap on my hand, I can examine my breast better, whereby I can now feel a definite thickening, & last night I also felt a separate lump next to it.

The soreness, & lump I can feel are located directly underneath the middle of my breast on the ‘crease’ line.
I have been uncomfortable in bed at night, which made me decide to go back & get investigated again.
This time I saw a different GP who could also feel a thickening & decided to send me for a screening.

I am wondering if I am more at risk of BC because I had a full hysterectomy 7 years ago aged 32, & have been on HRT ever since.
Do you think I have cause for concern from my symptoms?
There is no BC history in my family that I’m aware of.
Thank you for reading my rambling post!
I’d appreciate any advice or anyone who has had similar circumstances

Hi Rachel1974

Firstly weclome to the BCC discussion forums,  sorry to read you’re having a tough time at the moment. I’m sure some of the others users will be a long soon to offer you their support and experiences.  In the mean time you may find it helps to give the BCC helpline on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can share your concerns with a member of staff who will offer you emotional support as well as practical information. The lines are open Saturday 10 to 2pm and Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Thank you Sam :slight_smile:

Hi Rachel - best of luck with your results. This forum is a fantastic support as so many women have had so many different experiences that there is usually someone with whom you can identify and draw comfort. I can’t advise on your risk as I am not a doctor but I would encourage you to follow your instinct and always insist on doctors responding to any concerns you have. You know your body and will be the best person to look after your ongoing health and recovery if treatment is required. Best of luck and love.

Thank you so much for your kind reply.
Unfortunately I’m still waiting for my appointment to come through :frowning:

Bless you Rachel. I’ll keep you in my prayers xx

Well I finally have my appointment on Tuesday morning (8th Oct)
I can safely say it’ll have been the longest 18 days of my life
Does anyone have info on Glenfield in Leicester where I’ll be going?
Is it a one stop shop? will I get all my results on that day?

Also weirdly, since first going doctors a few weeks ago, my symptoms have escalated!
I found another small, sharp lump underneath my areola area, also the original thickening underneath my breast now feels bigger, more painful.
And the arm numbness I’ve had on & off for months is now constantly present.
My arm feels tight & my fingers tingle.
My breast feels slightly swollen,
All these ‘new’ symptoms are scaring the heck out of me.
My husband is pretty much refusing to talk about it until we know what’s happening after Tuesdays results
(I think he’s in a bit of denial?)
(He is coming with me though, thank goodness)
I suppose I just have to be patient a while longer.
I would really like to know what Glenfield is like though, if anyone has experiences they’d like to share with me?
Thank you for taking the time to read x

Well after 18 long days waiting for my appointment day to arrive, I finally went to Glenfield in Leicester.
To cut a long story short, they gave me a core biopsy of which I go back on Monday 14th Oct for results.
They said not to be too concerned, as they didn’t know what it was, (the little lump just below my areola area)
The ultrasound lady seemed to think it definitely wasn’t a cyst, but the doctor afterwards said it could be a papilloma? But there not sure.

Basically I had a physical exam first, then a ultrasound, no mammogram, (not sure why not)
They only actually checked the left breast, which surprised me as I just automatically thought they’d check both while I was there! But they didn’t.
The radiologist lady seemed to differ in her opinion on what the thickening area was though, she thought it might be a cyst cluster, but I don’t think she took a biopsy of that area, just the lump.
But then the doctor afterwards said there was no thickening there, & what I have is normal! It doesn’t feel normal to me though.
Anyway, I was kind of left feeling more confused than I thought I’d be.
So I guess I’ll know either way on Monday.
Has anyone else had the ultrasound person & the doctor/consultant differ in their opinions on findings?
It leaves you feeling quite confused, is the thickening normal or is it a cyst cluster!!! :-/

I don’t really have anyone I can talk to re this, as my husband has pretty much refused
to talk about anything until we know the outcome, so it’s been quite a lonely, difficult time, & I haven’t been sleeping very well either.
I appreciate you taking the time to read my rambling posts!
Thank you :slight_smile:

Got the all clear thank goodness.
Thank you for the support I have received on this fantastic forum. xxx