All downhill at the moment - will it ever be good news

Hi bee2, so sorry to hear you are struggling with your diagnosis. Cancer really is a shit! I was diagnosed in Oct 22 with triple neg invasive lobular and hormone positive LCIS. Double whammy. I didn’t need mastectomy but had lumpectomy, chemo, radiation, and now on tamoxifen. It’s the unwanted gift that keeps on giving, that’s for sure!

If i can give you some advice that worked for me (but may not work for you): 1. Dont use those predictive tools. They just cause more anxiety and like my oncologist said, they dont take into account all your specific medical details. 2. Speak with a counsellor. Cancer Council are a great first step. 3. Have faith that your doctors are doing what’s absolutely best for you. 4. Stay off google!

Chemo is shit, but remember it’s just a (crappy) moment in time and you will get through it. Radiation is a lot easier.

Like i said, these are just tips that worked for me but trust that everyone in your medical team is working towards the same goal. It’s all so daunting in the start, but once your treatment plan kicks in to gear, then you will feel a lot more in control. It’s all the waiting and the initial uncertainty that sucks!!

Sending best wishes your way :heart:

2 Likes

Hi I was also told if it all goes to one place then its the same standard which makes sense :blush:

Hi bee2/everyone
I have great news no chemo for me just tamoxifen and it’s only for 5 years I am on a high and feeling very humble that it all could of been so different I am very grateful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I kept positive all the way just down when I had to wait for results
I’m hoping to go back to work soon I can’t wait xx

7 Likes

Brilliant news Sammie !!! :clap: :champagne: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So vey pleased to hear that !

I was wondering how things were going as I’d lost where you were posting.

I’ve had my mastectomy (on Monday) and posted an update under “Just had Mastectomy, Round one to me”.

I’m now in the dreaded wait for lymph node results ( 2 weeks , all the waits are two weeks :roll_eyes:) but am trying to stay positive. I know I’ll be on Letrozole (post menopausal, 64) but until got lymph results won’t know about chemo/radiotherapy. Not sure if I’m getting oncotype tests or not yet.

How are you doing post mastectomy ? All healing well I hope. Mine was just single right breast (as you know, lobular) but they did find two tumours in there on MRI so lumpectomy option ditched.

I don’t know about you but I actually feel very relieved and pleased about the mastectomy (odd I know :crazy_face:) but I just feel IT’S GONE !! I’ve got rid of the horrible tumours. I’m doing my exercises and all is moving well - I do have some fluid sloshing around though !

I’m keeping everything crossed for my test results - hoping to follow your example ! It’s great to hear your good news !!!

Fingers crossed too for all ladies out there waiting for their results. xxx

3 Likes

Hi bee2
Oh well done you … It’s not as bad as you dreaded I’m sure I do not regret my decision I am healing really well and having my first fill on Monday … Once the drains was out and dressings off it was all systems go and felt more comfy …
I had a few down days which was the waiting of results I just wanted to know my path for this year …so I am completely relieved now …
Just remember take your time don’t beat yourself up it is major surgery and you need time to heal xxx

Take care
Sammie

2 Likes