All New To Me

a

Hi loz and welcome to the BCC forums,

I am sorry to hear of your Mum’s recent diagnosis, I am sure you will find lots of support and information here. Whilst you await replies from your fellow users you and your Mum may find our resource pack helpful, it has been designed for those newly diagnosed. If you would like a copy just follow the link below:

breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7514

In addition to the support you will both recieve here, if either of you feel it would help to talk to someone in confidence about the concerns and queries you have, then please give the helpline a call, the staff here are all either breast care nurses or people who have personal experience of breast care issues. They can offer you a listening ear, support and information about other services we can offer you to help you through this difficult time. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 the lines open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and Saturdays 9am - 2pm.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Best wishes
Lucy

Hi, all I can say is I couldnt have recon at time as might affect it with radium but no people who it hasnt bothered at all. Good luck to your mam for chemo and you supporting her - Ive finished mine as although not nice was more doable than thought.
x

The radium is a doddle compared to mastecomy and Im sure she will cope with the chemo better than you expect and post for advice or support whenever
x