All the family is involved

I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a wide area excision and lymph node removal on 7th February, and fortunately told on 16th February that there was no cancer in the surrounding tissue I had removed. But because I had been diagnosed my Mum decided to have a lump investigate, she has also been diagnosed now with breast cancer and is undergoing a mastectomy today. My husband and my Dad have been fantastic though they and my two daughters are obviously concerned for us both and I am concerned for them and their future having two relatives now diagnosed. They have signed up to do a sky-dive for Breast Cancer Care on 30th June 2012 - Good Luck girls and fingers crossed for my Mum. I start my radiotherapy on Wednesday - and then I can say “goodbye Cancer” and get on with my life.

Hi Doublewoo and welcome to the BBC forums

I am posting a couple of links which you and your Mum may find helpful, there is one written for those newly diagnosed and another about family history of breast cancer which may answer some of your concerns;

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/worried-about-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-families-bcc32

If you wish to talk things through please call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, the lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 9-2 Sat and our team are here to offer you further support and information

Take care
Lucy

Hi double woo,sorry both you and your mum have both had to go through this,how unfair. If you both need advice at all you have come to the right place. Theres not a lot i can say but i wish you both well and good luck with the skydive xx