allarxy node clearence

hi can someone help as im haveing op on 27 dec for node clearence and iv been told i well be in pain after could some one reply whats had this done as i carnt stop thinking i well be in pain after and how long dose the op take thank you

Hi Daisy 123,

I had lumpectomy and axillar clearance - 13 nodes I think removed. Very little pain. My last worry really. Had operation on Friday eve and by Sunday lunch time I was shopping with my lovely sister who was there for me. Don’t worry about the pain.

Best of luck

Valia
x

Hi Daisy.
I had lumpectomy and axillary node clearance last Weds 12th Dec, and it was not as bad as I feared. I had a drain for the first 5 days which was a bit of a nuisance, but 8 days on I’m pretty much back to normal other than having a stiff numb arm. Best of luck to you. X

I am also having the same on jan 10th and have been wondering about the procedure and how long it will be before I can go back to work. As I’m in quite a lot of pain anyway I may not notice much difference.

thank you all for replying i feel a lot better now yes lottie63 thank for advice on exercises this is really a good forum i was so crying all the time but you have all made me feel better and good luck with all your treatments xxx

Hi Daisy - I agree with what’s been said above. Just take care not to overdo things though. I set myself back by doing too much too soon. I used the BCC DVD - Getting fitter, Feeling Stronger - which was very useful. I did the arm exercises first thing in the morning, lunchtime and early evening. It made me feel much better by getting my arm going again and I soon knew when I was due to do the exercises again.

I would advise getting something to support your arm when in bed. I used a camping pillow, which was just about the right size. Also make sure you do the other things recommended, such as washing and moisturising your arm.

I think my op took about 1 1/2 hours to remove the tumour and all my lymph nodes from the one side. The drain I had for about 5 days. As others have said, it’s more of a nuisance than anything, just because you have to carry it around in a bag everywhere you go!

Best of luck with the op and further treatments.
X

thank you all for your replys put my mind at rest and good luck to you all xx