Am I being unreasonable?

Anna, i think a lot of us breathed a sigh of relief when we read you inital posting, i have 3 ‘children’ 19, (g)at uni, 22(b) working and 24 (g)working, i have split with their dad and have no contact with him but the girls do, and when i was going through chemo and rads, would often tell me how they had ‘cleaned’ for their dad arrgghhhh. and whilst my middle son has beed great at times, non of them accept i am / have been really ill. I have always done so much for my three, the running around, the bailing them out with money etc etc and at times i have felt i am facing this on my own.
I used to be a manic tidier/cleaner constantly cleaning up after them, and i decided about 3 months ago to stop…and blow me down i was even told …you don’t keep the place clean anymore ha ha rhian xxxx

Hi all

It’s probably no help at the present but my son was the most selfish teenager anyone could imagine. I constantly wondered where I’d gone wrong and could never see him growing into a considerate adult. It took a while for him to grow up but mature he did and he has been an enormous support to me over the past two years. So there is hope but that doesn’t help now and I haven’t got any suggestions I’m sorry. Teenagers just seem to be programmed for a certain period of time to be obnoxious and as difficult as possible.

Kyra - I’ve tried everything the man I’m married to is just a totally self absorbed person. Fortunately I have brilliant friends and a lovely son and daughter in law who are so supportive. My son took me into hospital for my op and stayed with me all day. Unfortunately my husband could only offer to drop me off at the hospital door with my suitcase because of work!!! I could write a book. So it’t not just teenagers. I’m sure there are many ladies on this forum who have similar experiences with adult family members.

Love to you all. We just have a get through the best we can.

Onwards and upwards.

Jan xxx