anniversary of diagnosis coming up

Hi all,

I am also heading for my first anniversary of diagnosis, closely followed by surgery (WLE & all lymph nodes), chemo(Tax) and rads, all finished end of Jan at which time I expected a sustained and quick recovery however still having problems with tiredness, but much worse, constant pain everywhere in my body - joints, muscles, bones. Keep thinking it’s getting better (am on painkillers day and night) but then it returns with a vengeance again. i can only hope that it will eventually go! I am trying to get back to normal as much as possible and have been working on a phased return since and during rads, also swimming as often as possible as it helps the pain. Can’t say I’m particularily looking forward to my first post op mammogram as I know it will hurt as I’m pretty sore and tender (but at least I do still have a breast!) but, as a treat, my OH and I are booked on a Med cruise in June, long awaited holiday as we had to cancel last years!

I also wondered when the 5 years to the “all clear” (do we get sirens?!) starts, I assume it’s from surgery but may be wrong. What a countdown to have to live through, but at least we ARE alive, unlike the unlucky ones.

Sheila, I decided 2 weeks ago to brave the world wigless, now have about 1 inch of hair and I feel so much better. OK some people do stare and look away but thats their problem. All my work colleagues have been great, the best thing is to make a joke yourself about it, don’t be sensitive.

Keep going all of you, it can only get better!!

Dae x

Hello All,

I’m feeling very strange about my impending 1st anniversary (19th June), I finished my Chemo (8 x FEC) end of Jan and my Rads end of March intially I felt elated that it had all finished, now however I’m getting myself worked up about every ache and pain I get and find myself constantly feeling for lumps and bumps, its driving me insane!!! Does anyone else feel as paranoid as me???

I’ve a follow up appointment from my Rads with my oncologist this Friday so will tell him about my fears and next Monday I see my surgeon for my 3 month check up which is filling me with dread.

I’m hoping to got back to work next month but if I’m still feeling this anxious wonder if I’ll have the concentration, I’m hoping I’ll have some reassurances that all is ok by then anyway.

Having some reflex tomorrow night to try and calm me down, normally helps a bit.

xx

poppet its only natural to feel like that… i passed my 4 yr anniversary of my first tumour in april and my first anniversary of second tumour last week… and annual review is due next week.

there is always an anniversary coming up for something or other… the first year is much more of a worry i found but as time went on sometimes i wouldnt worry about it so much.

hope it all goes by smoothly for you and if you do find new lumps and bumps go get them checked and set your mind to rest.

Lx

poppet i got myself so worked up leaing upto my post rads check that i had convinced myself i was riddled with cancer!!! by the time i got into the onc consulting room i was a gibbering wreck, he was lovely and so understanding but i found after that appoointment i started to calm down (a abit) i dont think the paranoia will ever go away but i has certainly abated.(((hugs))))
sue

feel strange again today, my anniversary of DX 3 years on, had mammo beginging of june and all is still well, long may it last

love to all
Annie

Don´t forget to post on No Evidence of Disease , reading good news spurs us on . Brilliant news , good for you !!
Kris