anxious about dent?

Hi I am new to this, I’m 43 with an underactive thyroid, currently on thyroxine. about a mth ago i noticed my glands on my neck were swollen, they still are (not painfull). 2 wks ago i noticed a substantial dent in my right breast. I had a benign lump removed about 10 yrs ago. The dent has appeared about a cm below and to the right of my old scar. It looks like ive had a hugh lump removed. Went to see the GP on Tue and he is referring me to the breast clinic (urgent). My ESR level is 13? and i had a negative test for glandula fever, the doc want to repeat the tests in 2 wks. Im driving myself crazy with worry. My mum died of breast cancer when she was 50. Should i be worried?

Hello Bashfull

This must be a very worrying time for you.
Whilst waiting for replies maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information.
The free phone number is 0808 800 600 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes
June, moderator

Hi there, really sorry that you have had to join us here, and hope that your scare turns out to be nothing serious. I would suggest that you maybe give the helpline a call tomorrow, as there really really helpful.

Keep us posted.

SGL

Thanks for you messages of support its really appreciated. Im still waiting for a date from the Breast clinic, I have phoned and the app is in the post.

However my dent is changing, there are lumps appearing daily around it and when i lift my arm up it look like a crater.

Im so worried i cant eat sleep or function properly, hence on here at midnight. I really hope the app arrives tomorrow at least i will know then.

Sorry to rant but Im going crazy.

hi,

welcome to the forum, you must be beside yourself with worry. one of my first symptoms was a dent, it was the only way i could find the lump, stick my finger in the dent. It changed over the two days that I waited to see the doctor. And it got sore(nothing to do with me keep proding it I suppose) By the time I got to the clinic the dent had filled in but the lump was still there.

the first doctor I saw at the clinic said that the rapid changes indicated a cyst, he said cancer does not change that quickly and the scans proved him right. In my case there turned out to be cancer inside the cyst, but this type is very slow growing and rarely spreads, so i was lucky that they cyst started playing up and made me notice it.

Do use this forum to help you get through the days waiting for you examination and results. Everybody on here has been exactly where you are and feel for you. Every little concern at this point can be helped by posting on here.

all the very best

Bashful, see if you can get hold of the number for the clinic and give them a ring. There are sometimes cancellations so you might get seen earlier.

The worrying and waiting is absolutely horrible, as we all know. Do give the helpline a ring too if you haven’t already.

Got my date Mon 13th 11am for a mamogram and 11:30 to see the consultant. Phew. Its going to be a long weekend. However thanks to all your messages im feeling so much more positive. Positive mental attitude, what ever happens i WILL get throught it. Thanks ladies ill update on Mon. xxx

Good luck for tomorrow Bashful. Remember to let us know how you get on. I’ll be following close behind, my appointment’s on Tuesday morning… All the best, be thinking of you. x

good luck today. Whatever the result you are now on the right path, getting it sorted out. And do remember evan if the first words you hear are yes they found cancer, there are so many differnt types and so many different stages that you need to take a deep breath and find out what it means in your case. my news was good, a rare slowing type, only occasionally spreads, cannot see at this stage me needing chemo or hormones, and even radiotherapy only might be on the cards so evan though its not the greatest news is no worse than the time they found an infection on my fallopian tubes. I would think the recovery period for this little op is going to be much less than that illness was. But that was not the big C, so it was just not as scarey which is daft.

sorry this is more about me again, back to you—again, feeling for you going off to get results, hope it is good news, and do let us all know afterwards.

Well it was GOOD NEWS, Scar tissue, old age, gravity and nothing else. Thanks for all your support and good luck for tomorrow MissT. Hope your news is good too. Wishing you all a speedy recovery xxxxx

Oh what great news!!! I suspect mine’ll be the same, which would be great. I had fibro removed about 20 years ago, and although this is a new lump (and just discovered another one lower down in same breast this pm) I think it’s got a lot to do with the old scar tissue and changes in breast density. You must be elated. Hope I find out for sure tomorrow… So pleased for you! x

absolutely brilliant. i hope other people worrying about results read this, proves that there are people getting good news like thia.

so happy for you