Anyone in/near Ipswich?

Due to have a lumpectomy 7th Oct at ipswich hospital, would love to get in contact with anyone who is about to start similar. All going well i will start radiotherapy early Nov. ~DEB~

Hi, I live in Felixstowe and am now waiting to be referred to the breast clinic in Ipswich because I found a lump in my breast last Friday night. Had to wait until Monday to see a doctor :-)…I am off to Spain at 3am wed morning for 5 days, the doc said to go and just enjoy the sun so I will. I thought that I may as well do that as sit at home worrying!!..Doc said that I will get my appointment within 2 weeks so thats good…How are you now that you have had your lumpectomy? and where do you live, in Ipswich or near by…Val

Hey Deb, I live in Ipswich and am due to start fertility then chemo at Ipswich Hospital before the end of the year. I moved here with my British husband from Australia. I had my surgeries in Aus, firstly, a lumpectomy to remove the lumps and some ducts. Secondly, a re-excision to take out as much of the cancer found as possible and to remove 7 lymph nodes. I have Stage IIB.

I was initially diagnosed with DCIS in Feb this year just before my 36th birthday. A lump was found in July, a month before my wedding. I went to Aus for my surgeries to have the same docs do them.

I’ve just gotten a full time temp role in Ipswich but can chat online or meet up for coffee after work in town or over the weekend.

How did the lumpectomy and results go?

Steffi