Anyone in or near Swindon

Anyone in or near Swindon

Anyone in or near Swindon As I have just made my first posting on the younger women’s site I thought I would bite the bullet and see if there is anyone living near me. I was dx last october, and had a lumpectomy in November Have just completed chemo, and start rads on Tuesday. I’m 42 and a single parent. Would like to be in touch with anyone in my area, as do feel a bit isolated with bc.

I feel like i have just written a personal ad!

Sarah x

near swindon Hi Sarah
I am in Basingstoke so not sure if that counts as being ‘near’
to Swindon

Was Diagnosed beg April this year, have had a lumpectomy and am starting chemo next thursday. Will be having rads afterwards
Is there not a breast support group near you? I go to an excellent one at my local hospital once a month. On first night was given huge list of contact names, numbers and email addresses so there would always be someone i could talk to. Might be worth asking?

Julie

Hi Julie

Firstly good luck with the chemo. I had FEC and found that I had very few side effects (apart from hair loss). I was offered the support group when first dx, but said that I didnt want to join. I would prefer to meet in a small group, and with people who are younger. I found that when I went for chemo the women were older. Perhaps it is something I should consider though.

Sarah x

I am… Hi Sarah,

I’m in Chippenham which is 20 miles west of Swindon. I also work at the hospital in Swindon. I’m in a slightly different situation to you as I have bone mets and was dx with both those and my primary in August last year.

I tried the local bc group in Chippenham which, although friendly, consisted mainly of a bunch of rather older ladies…it felt like a WI meeting!

Good luck with your rads tomorrow! Are you having those in Oxford?

Martina
X

Hi Martina

I posted a reply on here a couple of days ago, but apparently it did not take.

Yes I am going to Oxford, everyday for 6 weeks, and to be honest the travelling wears me out more than the chemo.

Perhaps we could meet up sometime for a coffee and a chat. I can always get the train to Chippenham at the weekend.

Sarah x

Hi Sarah

Sorry, have been working lots.

How’s the rads going? I declined rads - didn’t fancy travelling to Oxford from Chippenham every day - and Bath hospital said they wouldn’t give me rads anyway.

I’d love to meet up, I work in Swindon so maybe that would be an option? (Can’t find my way into the town centre though, I only ever go to work or to Greenbridge)

Hope you’re okay

Martina
X

Hi Martina

Nearly half way through rads, only 16 more to go! I feel really tired, with getting up early every morning, and having rubbish sleep pattern (you just have to love the night sweats). I would like to meet up, perhaps come up to the hospital and have a coffee, and a chat.

Sarah x

Hi Sarah

Have been on a short holiday (Lanzarote) and am off to Germany for two weeks tomorrow. I’ll post on here when I get back so we can arrange something!

Sorry to hear you’re so tired, you should be over halfway with the rads now, so keep going… As for the night sweats, they’re lovely aren’t they? Hope you have something nice planned for when you finish rads.

All the best and see you soon

Martina
X