Anyone starting chemo at Marsden, Sutton in April?

I was diagnosed with IDC at the end of Feb and had a MX 8th March. I’ve since found out the tumour was 4.5cm with a total area of 10.5cm including DCIS. Also 12/25 lymph nodes tested positive. The cancer is grade 3, ER and PR negative, HER2 positive.

I’m starting 6 cycles of chemo (3 x FEC 3 x TAX) on 12 April and wondered if anyone else was starting around the same time or had a similar type of cancer.

Hiya, I was diagnosed in December with IDC, had bilateral mx and snb with only a microamount in one node. 2 lumps removed (11mm and 20mm) grade 2, so stage 1 altogether.

I have had 1 round of FEC at Sutton and due my 2nd tomorrow. We will probably pass each other at some point. I am having 6 FEC then rads.

Paula xx

Dear Emmass - I had things that were similar to your diagnosis 18 months ago and was at the Marsden in Sutton. Since the first terrifying appointment when the diagnosis was given to us and throughout the year’s treatment, every single person at the hospital was caring, respectful and always gave me their time when I needed it. It’s an ordeal which most of us go through but you will be well supported and cared for by the most wonderful hospital and I consider that if I had to have this horrible thing, I was very fortuate to be so close to the Marsden. I had the all clear last week for my second 6 month appt and I owe my recovery to their care. I wish you lots of luck and will say a little prayer for you from not very far away! S x

Susie, thank you for such an uplifting message. I’ve already been to the Marsden a couple of times and my experience so far reflects yours. How wonderful to hear you’ve been given the all clear - I hope one day in the not too distant future I will be able to say the same thing.

Paula, good luck with your treatment - I’ll look out for you at the Marsden x

Susie, thank you for such an uplifting message. I’ve already been to the Marsden a couple of times and my experience so far reflects yours. How wonderful to hear you’ve been given the all clear - I hope one day in the not too distant future I will be able to say the same thing.

Paula, good luck with your treatment - I’ll look out for you at the Marsden x