Anyone tried ISCADOR treatment ( homeopathic)

I had metastatic Breast Cancer, I was given

I had Breast cancer, metastasis to the bone. In 2006 I was given an estimated 24 months survival. I refused chemotherapy and radiotherapy to the breast due to being very weak with Chronic Fatigue. I had a short course of Gamma Radiotherapy to the hip bone in 2006. I took only the hormonal controlling drug Letrozole and Iscador for the next 5 years. I am clear of Cancer and have had no recurrence since 2006.

I also believe the subcutaneous injections of Iscador are a great deal more effective than drops. My NHS Homeopathic Doctor agrees!

<Empty imported post>

Finty, its sad you don’t think alternative treatment canbe of bbenefit. I have maily used alternatives for years and find it working very well.

Are you in UK? I have tried to get iscador though my GP but no. I live in West Midlands UK where its no funding for alternatives.

Carolwat , where do you buy it?

Hamidah
Not sure what other folks experience is, I had to go private in London (Harley Street) as my GP had ‘no budget for holistic medicine’!! (except acupuncture… if my cancer was making me a little stressed I could always have more needles stuck in me to relax me :wink:

You should go through an authorised practitioner who will assess you and calculate what type of mistletoe and how much you need.
They will do the first few subcutaneous injections to assess your reaction, and amend dose as required. Once all is ok a nurse can do it (at a cost), or you can do it yourself (my practitioner said there would be a training fee for this, but long term way cheaper to administer yourself)

If not via NHS you will need a private prescription to get it (and the syringes)

My friend in Canada now gets it direct from German manufacturers (loads cheaper than via docs!) but still requires prescription. (She has taken it for 3 years… took it instead of chemo after lumpectomy and her cancer has just come back! So I do think this is complimentary med as opposed to replacement to chemo!)

The approved list of practitioners is in another website but if you pm me I can send you the link (can’t do it in chat)

Thanks for reply. I will pm you if i cant fobd out of it , my email is (removed in line with terms and conditions) 

How did you got a prescrition? It seem to.be my biggest problem.

Hello I’m also trying to find out where to to get ISCADOR I’m in Northern Ireland.

if our Dr can’t give perscription where can I get one for ISCADOR to be sent in post 

Has anyone used only Iscador without using Chemo with any success ? 

Iv also heard taking a mixture of Tumeric Fresh ground Ginger, Cinnamon, & Baking Soda mixed with good honey taken 3 times daily on empty stomach for 12 weeks alternating the Baking Soda for Wheet or barley powder every 3 weeks. After 12 weeks take away the Baking Soda completely going back to the Wheat/Barley take this for 1 yr. After this time take once or twice a day leaving out the baking soda use the wheat or Barley for prevention / return of bad microbes This is supposed to fight the microbes leaving the cancer cells to die No sugar or sugary foods to be taken when using this mixture other than the 1 tablespoon of honey used to mix each dose 3 times a day. I have only read about this You all probably already know of this. Just thought I would share this Someone told me this was a variation of the Iscador formula I am not in anyway qualifyed to say any of this mixture works but worth a try also been told eating seaweed in any form even dried sprinkled over food or whole leaves is one of the best things everyone can take as a preventative. So Sorry I have left out MSM ( biological sulphur ) to be used in the Honey mixture. Thank You for taking time to read this. 

Hello Everyone…

Do any 1 require Iscador Injection.

I have Iscador P1 mg & Iscador Mc arg Serie I.

So if any 1 requires kindly contact me o 91.67.12.66.65

Hi Angel.
You can see all my previous comments below… I really wanted Mistletoe Therapy in conjunction with chemo after everything I read about how much it is used in Germany and France (mostly in conjunction with chemo to reduce SEs and improve chances of survival… I was turned onto this by my friend in Canada raved about it… she elected to use it and vit C injections and a load of holidtic dietary stuff instead.

So fast forward 2 years.

I mever did manage to get it in time for my chemotherapy.
London homeopath lady was off on sick leave, and the guy standing in for her was offering oral drops not sub cutaneous, stating drops were equally as effective (a complete lie, studies find drops nowhere near as effective, direct injections way better)
Anyhow, managed to get him to agree to the more expensive option of injections but he then could became hard to get hold of so I started chemo without it.
Turned out chemo itself was nowhere near as awful as I’d antiipated. Yes, I lost my hair (wish I had at least tried the ice cap now… chemo nurse talked me out of even trying it ?)
Anti nausea tabs you get now are amazing (Emend/ Metachlopromide etc) not once did I even feel slightly sick!
I felt incredibly tired in the first week after (days 5-7 were my ‘crash’ days), but in reality this was only for 4 cycles. (I had 4 x EC over 12 weeks, then weekly Paclitaxel over the following 12 weeks… Packitaxel is called ‘Taxol in velvet gloves’ in the industry… if you can get this instead of Docetaxol please do… WAY less effects. (I got it because I was self employed and needed to work through chemo, a couple of my friends got it because they were having such a rough time with Docetaxol their Onc flipped them.)

Anyway… I responded BRILLIANTLY to chemo. Biggest lump reduced by 50% in first 2 weeks.
I could have elected for lumpectomy but because I had lumps both sides did not want to mess about and went full belt and braces… bilateral mx with DIEP Flap recon (amazing procedure but another story)

I had planned to go onto mistletoe after chemo as a ‘maintenance’ thing, but 2 things stopped me.

1. I responded so well to chemo, after the op (and now on Tamoxifen) I felt it was pointless.

2. My Canadian friend who elected homeopathic treatment over chemo. It did NOT get rid of her tumours. In fact they grew.
    She eventually agreed to a lumpectomy but 6 myhs later she needed full mastectomy and chemo as it had spread to her lung. Traditional drugs seem to be keeping it at bay (she stil also injects Mistletoe, she is a big believer in homeopathy)

Me? I’m now not such a believer. I was never brave enough to go full homeopath. It has meant my friend’s has spread.
But I do think that all those Germans can’t be wrong.
My advice would be to take it in conjunction with chemo.
(Though if your looking lump is tiny and not HER2 maybe a lumpectomy plus Mistletoe would be enough.
I just don’t know tbh.

Looking at my son as I type this I would just not want to take the unnecessary risk with my life.

I think much more study is needed on Mistletoe. I DO believe the cure to cancer is in boosting our immune systems, and that yes, Mistletoe does this to an extent, but you need to really study German use of it. When would they use just Mistletoe and when would they recommend it as compliment to chemo.

I’m not enjoying Tamoxifen at all (reduces oestrogen levels… both nine fed on oestrogen/progesterone so they put me in Tamoxifen for 5-10 years to keep those levels down. Gives me joint pain and I don’t have any get up and go… but thst could also be a touch of depression pist cancer and caring for my dad (92 with dementia)
Life has just been super rough the past 5 years. Not sure what is Tamoxifen and what is mother nature!

What is your lump? Size? Stage? Tupe?
Have you had sentinel node testing? Really important to check if it has reached your lymph nodes… if it has them I’d 100% recommend chemo. Don’t mess about. Time is of the essence once it is in your lymph nodes to prevent Mets.

Sorry about all those typos!! Damn iPhone and big thumbs!!!

If you

Or contact Mistletoe Therapy UK (charity in Aberdeen… (google them, I don’t think I’m allowed to post links to external sites on this forum)
Scots lead the way with this in UK… lightyears ahed of us in England!!)
Their location map shows nothing in Ireland though.

Yes To Life (another charitable site focusing on holistic therapies) is brilliant. Their search engine shows no Mistletoe practitioners, but it may not be up to date.

May be an idea to contact:

Action Cancer House
1 Marlborough Park
Belfast
Co Antrim
BT9 6XS
UK - Nothern Ireland

actioncancer.org
info@actioncancer.org
Tel: +44 (0)28 9080 3344

Therapies available at this location:
Aromatherapy
Counselling
Healing/Therapeutic Touch
Massage
Meditation / Creative Visualisation
Reflexology

They may be able to point you in the right direction to ver ther.

You can source Mistletoe direct from German manufacturers IF you have a prescription from a holistic practitioner. They won’t just ship it out to you.
You need to have at least met with a trained practitioner to know which type is best for you (they have different types, age comes into it), and how much your dose should be.
You need a nurse to show you how to inject it.

Find out if anyone in your your local GP Practice is a homeopathy fan and ask specifically to see them if your GP won’t play ball… they may help you (my GP is a not terribly adventurous ‘budget’ kinda guy… the lady doc who WOULD have supported me had just left ?)
Do press your GP though, this does not actually cost a lot once you are trained to inject yourself. Mistletoe is pretty cheap.

All the very best with whatever you decide. :heart:

Hi, I have been on Iscador for almost 5 years. I had a tumorectomy for breast cancer and I did chemotherapy and radiation. Chemo was hell for me and I was left with heart damage and severe neuropathy which is now better after having acupuncture (on the ears - acupressure can also help). I began Iscador during chemo and it helped a great deal with the side effects. I remain tumour free and my general health is much better due to Iscador. I live in Switzerland where it is covered by the health insurance and in Germany it is used in about 60% of cancer patients. A doctor needs to prescribe it, but long term studies show it is very effective in cancer treatment. I can highly recommend it.

Please could you please provide details for.your type of cancer? My grandma has HR+, HER2- and also she has a metastasis at the bones. Could you please inform me about the dosage of iscador? Also, my grandma was taking Letrozole but the metastasis didn’t reduced and we changed the hormonetherapy to faslodex, the last 6 months, and the metastasis have been stopped. Thank you in advance

Hi
I’m starting iscador next week, I found an Integrated Dr, who works with Iscador.
The other option is to get a NHS referral to the Royal Hospital of Integrated Medicine, who also have Iscador or Mistletoe therapy.
Good luck