Anyone with secondary in their stomach lining.

Hi after 12 years and almost to the day I have been told I have secondary breast cancer in my stomach lining and I think colon lining.

I have talked to the Macmillan nurse and she said she has never heard of it in the stomach, non of the web sites seem to say anything about secondary stomach cancer.  As you can imagine very scared as after 12 years thought I was safe and the only people I have known to have secondary breast cancer have died so not a good message or prognosis for me. 

I have an appointment with the oncologist on Monday so I am sure I will find out more, the waiting between being told  this devastating news and the next appointment seems to be forever so I have been  here having anxiety/panic attacks. Just trying to keep it all together, so if anyone out there has been in a similar situation I would love to know their story, or any other words of encouragement that my life is not going to be crap from now on.

Maggiemc

Hi Maggie and welcome to the BCC forums
Along with the support you will find here, our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support for you on 0808 800 6000, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Here’s a link to further support ideas and secondary information from BCC which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/secondaries

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Maggie,

Sorry that you have had to join us, but you will get good support on here. And things will be clearer for you when you have seen your Onc.

I have not heard of it in stomach lining, but I had not heard of it in the abdomen until I was diagnosed a year ago, 13 years after primary.

I have a triple neg. lobular tumour just below right kidney & like you I thought my time was up. I’ve had some chemo with a good reduction & will start more soon.

Giving you a gentle cyber hug, Monica

Maggiemc - I don’t have secondaries in my stomach lining, etc, but I do have secondaries in my womb, and a couple of lymph nodes in my abdomen somewhere (didn’t think to ask last time I saw Onc. - wish I had now, just to know, if you know what I mean!) and a couple of lymph nodes under my left arm (primary in left breast in 2011 and mastectomy and (I thought) full node clearance - obviously not!).

I have been started on Capecitabine - 17th July, and am in the middle of my 3rd cycle rest week (2 weeks on tablets, then 1 week off) and have had another CT scan last Tuesday.  I see my Onc.again on Thursday and will, presumably, be given the results of that then.  The waiting is hard.  I’m hoping that there are obvious reductions in size of the womb tumours and lymph nodes.  If there isn’t, I don’t know what will happen then.  If there is, I will get the tablets for cycle 4.  I was initally told I would have 6 cycles, but as other ladies have been on the Cap.for much longer, I presume I will be on it for as long as it works.

We should start our own thread for secondaries that aren’t bone, lungs or liver (as I have been cleared on scans for all of those secondaries, thank heaven).

Hugs, Barton.x