Arty stuff

Ellie …how very clever …you put me to shame as I haven’t got a arty talent at all.
Couldn’t even get the measurements right for my patio chair cushions !! Being old I still work in inches but of course we are metric and it makes a difference !!

Hi all, Hope you don’t mind me jumping on this tread, I have always been an artist I initially trained in printed Textile design but have ended up a painter. During my chemo phase I hardly painted at all mainly due to the upset and shock of it all, the only painting I did during that time was a strange one. Its a stormy sea with one solitary sailing boat after completing this painting I deceided to look in symbolism and meanings and this is my interpretation of that painting. I am the little white sailing boat out in a sea of discontent (cancer) but all is not lost in the form of a rainbow the meaning being a ray of hope. The painting isn’t something I am particularly proud of and is certianly not my best work but it serves as a reminder that all is not lost there is hope and magic in this world painting it helped me through my dark night of the soul. I have been living with secondary breast cancer in lungs and liver now for nearly 6 years and I’m still here, surviving, thriving, living life and loving it. My paintings can be viewed at sarahsweetfineart.blogspot.co.uk/Rainbow of Hope in a Sea of Discontent.jpg

Hiya sarahlouise
Welcome to our arty section. The picture captures your thoughts and fears and its lovely.
Phew six years and thriving ?what treatment are you on and any heath tips to us here ?
Hugs xx

You have obviously found a really good focus and it shows on your art.
As I’m not so mobile as I would like …I started doing tapestries …the easy ones that are coloured in but I find it very therapeutic and have done loads !
Herceptin is certainly a wonder drug for her2 positive ladies and there are many on the threads doing very well. Of course no hair loss too.
Keep painting and don’t obsess about the weight too much …quality of life is the better option.
Xx

andalucia 158a.jpg

I won a prize at our village show with this photograph from Granada

Wish I could take good photos …usually people with no heads or feet !!
Well done for winning.

Barton
Sounds like you had a better day than I did …went to sons house to let his dog out for a pee …sat in midday sun for nearly an hour …little tike wouldnt perform despite me squeezing his tummy and running the tap !!
Son got home tonight …you guessed a lot of clearing up !!
Carolyn xxx

I typed a word and couldn’t get my edit button to work so I e mailed moderators and asked them to remove it for me.

Well done Ellie …I’m sure they will sell and make some good money for charity . You have been busy.
Hope Barton and my tapestries help fill up the stall .
Xx

Wow Ellie …that was a lot of stuff and to b honest its hard to make that sort of money on crafts .
Well done …hope u are resting now.
Carolyn xcx

I’m hooked on pinterest at the moment and thought about making novelty doorstops for Xmas pressys …always useful for most homes …
Getting fed up with my tapestries now !! Been knitting outfits for my granddaughters build a teddy which was fun too.

<Empty imported post>

Ellie
Trouble is I get big ideas but have little talent for things really …can make a mess of anything I think I can do.

Oh Ellie you are clever … Im sure it will be so loved and enjoyed. 

EJ, that is absolutely gorgeous! You are clever! And you, ff - and the pirate thing is amazing too! Well done both of you.

Hugs. Barton.x