Awaiting a Surgical biopsy

Hi
Its my first time on a forum of any sort. In Feb 2007 I went to have my first mammogram age 50.as i have have implants i had to go to the hospital to have it done just in case they couldn’t get clear pictures first time around.

They found calcification’s in my left breast so they did a magnified xray plus an ultra sound.The doctor said because of the type of calcification I needed a biopsy which they did there and then,had to wait 10 days for the results. I had grade 1 dcis so i went into hospital and had WLE and then surgery to remove the area plus a clear area. Everything ok.Just need a mammogram every year for 10 years.

In Feb this year I went for my annual mammogram everything OK in my left breast but calcifications found in my right breast,they are quite deep this time so because of this and the fact that I have implants I have to go in and have a WLE and surgical biopsy scheduled for 28th Feb.

I had some questions - why did they not do a magnified xray as before?

• Is there any significance of the calcifications being deep this time?

I have contacted the breast care nurses at the hospital and she checked with my consultant who said she didn’t see the need to do a magnified xray,I am but still worried that she can see the type of calcification from the mammogram. Also there is no difference where the calcifications are in the breast.

it has been terrible 12 months not only did I have the worry of of the dcis but I found out that my husband has been having an affair and was in Feb last year.We are now trying to work things out but I have now the worry of the biopsy and results to contend with.

Dear sammax

Welcome to the forums, you may find our helpline useful to call during this time as they can give information about our other support services and also offer support and a ‘listening ear’. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, Saturday, 9am - 2pm. I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes
Katie