Awaiting biopsy results, but told to expect bad news

Thank you i will have a look, i like to know everything from different views x

1 Like

Hi I had a very bad experience at my first appointment was given mammogram ultrasound and then told I had two areas needed biopsies with a local anaesthetic and then told in a very cold and clinical way these were suspicious and biopsy results would confirm in 2 weeks. Asked did I have any questions no. I just wanted to go home because I hadnā€™t expected that and also felt I lacked abit of sympathy from either consultant or the nurse who was with me in the room. Harsh. My follow up was completely different. The most caring and compassionate way to tell me Iā€™d got invasive ductal cancer in my breast and getting to know my nurse and my consultant and a treatment plan forward. But I do question the lack of empathy at that first appointment is wrong

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry you were treated this way.

Is there anybody who can advocates for you and complain to the hospital? I know it is tough for you to do this but many a family member can act on your behalf with your permission. Staff will never learn if they are not told.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, everyone can have a bad day and you never know what is going on in their life. But then you need to be treated with respect and empathy in these situations.

I had to complain to my cancer centre towards the end of my chemotherapy, it was hard. I had my husbandā€™s support but it was still hard but I wanted to make it better for those that come after me so it doesnā€™t happen again.

I wish you well with your treatment.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: