Back home

Hi, Everyone

Just a quick note came back home yesterday, Feel much better since coming home, Pain was not as bad as i thought which was a relief.
Hospital was rubbish on a gyny ward so felt a bit isolated, but the best thing is you carn,t tell i have had the mastectomy with this comfy in seems to match the other breast so feel quite confident.
Just as well as the wound makes me feel sick to look at feel like i have been butchered.
well must go waiting for district nurse.

mandy xxx

Welcome home Mandy

Glad you got through it ok - I had no pain with my mastectomy and with the comfy in still (op in Nov) no one knows the difference.

You will get used to the scar- mine is healing extremely well and apart from a few ‘bumpy’ bits - is almost just a straight line across my chest now

take care

Margaret x

Hi Mandy

Don’t think we’ve “conversed” before but just wanted to echo your feelings when I had my mastectomy. I was horrified by the wound, and didn’t look at it for a long time, kept getting the nurse to change my dressing while looking the other way. I think it took me 3 weeks.

That was a couple of months ago now and I feel much more comfortable with it so I’m sure you’ll feel the same.

Glad you’re home safe and well.

Cecelia. x

Hi Mandy

Glad to here you are back home, I went yesterday to confirm my surgery on 31 Jan for mastectomy. Counting down the days now I would sooner just get on with it.

How long have you spent in hospital I was told yesterday a min of 5 days -

Sending Hugs

Karen

HI Karen

I think the stay in hospital depends usually on how much fluid is draining from the site - above a certain level and they won’t let you out. Although some hospitals will discharge you with the drains in - depends on what area you are in.

My hospital let me go on home visits from day 2 - where i could leave after breakfast and go back after tea time - but didn’t discharge me till day 5 when drain was below 50ml I think?

Good luck with the surgery
Margaret x

Hi Margaret

Thanks for the comment, I think my hospital will not let you home until you have 2 clear days of 50 ml in your drains - boo hoo.

Hugs

Karen

XXX

Hi Karen,

I came home on day 5 because my last drain filled up again 200mls on the sat night so i was geared up to come home sunday so was very tearful when they said would have to stay in till it was under 50mls in 24 hrs, But on the monday it was 100mls but not blood like a watery fluid, and they said that was ok and removed the drain and i came straight home much to my relief.
will get my results on the 30th jan.
so will be thinking of you on the 31st.

thinking of you

Mandy xx

I was in from Wed till Wed. They won’t remove the drains until they are draining 50ml or less. Or after 7 days. They tend not to leave the drains in any longer than that or there is a risk of infection. Sometimes they let you out with the drains and the district nurse can sort them out for you at home.

Hi Mandy

How did you get on with your results? Good or bad let us all know we are here for you. I’m in for mast tomorrow so if I dont hear before I go in wishing you all the luck in the world and sending hugs, will try to catch up on this thread when I get back.

Sending Hugs

Karen

XXXX

Hi karen
I think i should be pleased with my results grade 2, 40mm tumor which was going into chest wall, no lymph node involvement with 1mm clearance, i am her2+ but don’t know my er status yet going to see the oncologist on th 8th feb,
my surgeon seems to think i will be offered chemo then rads because i am only 34 and it was a 40mm tumor and more than likely herceptin then taxofin, but she says its up to oncologist, feeling realy scared about being her2+ after reading posts on here about it.

Hope all your surgery went well keep me informed.

love

mandy xxx

Hi Mandy

Thanks for the good wishes, I see what you mean about the comfy no-one could tell could they. My results just for you to compare are grade 3, 40mm, IDC, no lymph node involvement, Oestrogen Positive, HER2 Neg. My surgeon says I will be offered CHemo and rads because it is a grade 3 cancer I am 44 by the way.

I wont get my results until next week and BCN ringing me about onc appointment.

I dont know if any of this helps you I hope so, I find reading other peoples results seems to help me balance if that makes sense?

Maybe we can become Chemo buddies and be there for each other!!!

Sending you hugs

Karen

XXX

Hi karen

Mine to was IDC, but are there anymore results i should of had its just with you saying more results for you next week.
i never know what to ask when i go, i always feel as if i am mithering ( prob spelt wrong my brains going )
I have been through loads of other posts but carn’t seem to find anyone with the same as me and same age to compare what treatment they have had.

And yes i would love to be chemo buddies so we can help each other through this!

love
Mandy xxx

Hi Mandy

I have checked back on your post and you mentioned that you got 1mm clearance - I didnt get this when I had wle so that is why I had mast so the results will be whether of not the surgeon managed to get clearance - does that make sense?

Why dont you start a thread with your dx as the title and see if others reply try to put as much as poss - grade, type your age etc and see what happens? Just a thought cant hurt to try.

Sending you hugs

Karen

XXX