Bahones 2

I have just received a message from Sara (Bahones2) husband Mike to say that she died in his arms on the 21st April at Carcassonne hospital. Sara’s knowledge of lymphodema was extensive and she helped so many of us with the extensive research she did. Sara was always there to support us whatever she was going through herself.

My love and condolences to her husband Mike, family and friends, another wonderful woman lost far too soon to this dreadful disease. So very sad.

Anne

I was aware that she hadn’t posted for a while, and was worried about that. As you say, she was very knowledgable about lymphoedema.

Another sad loss, my condolences to her family.

I’d also realised she hadn’t been on here for a while. Another dreadful, untimely loss to this disease. My thoughts are with her family and friends.
Nicky x

I am really sad and sorry to hear this news. I didn’t ‘know’ Sara at all, but am aware that she was a very regular and knowledgeable contributor to these forums. Thinking of her husband, family and friends at this time.

I am so shocked and saddened to hear this… I had realised that Sara hadn’t posted for a while but thought she was just taking a break from the forum for a while… Anne please send my condolences to her husband if you speak again… I am so sad at this news Sara was always so helpful to everyone.

Theresa x

I am so sad and upset to hear about Sara - she was quite an inspiration to me last year especially as we both lived in France. She was a good contact to have and we had planned to meet up - now our meeting place will be somewhere else! My sincere condolences go to her husband and family. She was a brave and fearless woman and a shining example to others. Ginny Groome

I am truly shocked and saddened by this news. I hadn’t realised she was so poorly. I had had contact with Sara about bread-making machines before Christmas and it was so lovely to have normal messages. She was always so very helpful to everyone on the forum.
I should be very grateful if you would pass on my condolences.

Elinda x

I’ve just looked at my PMs again and had one from Sara at the end of March. She gave me some great advice about acupuncture and lymphodema risk. What a loss!
Elinda x

This is just so sad,I to hadn’t realised how poorly she was.

Sending love and my sincere condolences to her family.

God bless you Bahons2 XX

Mel.

I am so sorry to hear this news. My sincere condolences to Sara’s family and friends.

Oh no… I’d exchanged a few PMs with Sara but not recently. Yes indeed, she was very helpful and knowledgeable and will be much missed on the forums.
My sympathy to Sara’s husband and family.
(Hope it may be helpful to say that if anyone is searching for her posts, her user name was Bahons2 (no space after the 2) If my memory was correct, she had achieved an Open University B.A Honours degree :slight_smile:

Oh I am so sorry,she was very supportive and friendly in her posts.I truly hadnt realised she was so ill.This disease is devastating and we are losing so very many wonderful women to it.
So sorry.
Condolences to Sara’s family.
Valx

I am so very shocked and sad to hear that Sara has died, i too hadnt realised that she had been so ill, Sara was always so supportive to everyone here on the forums and will be very sadly missed by many .
Another lovely lady whos life has been taken far too soon, this desease is so ,so cruel.
My thoughts are with Saras family and friends at this very sad time.
God Bless you Sara.
Linda x

Such sad news. My condolences to Sara’s family and friends…xx

Sincere condolences.

Julie x

Sincere condolences from all at Breast Cancer Care. Our thoughts are with Sara’s family and friends at this very sad time.

Kindest regards.

Louise
Facilitator

I’m sad to hear this. I hadn’t seen any posts from Sara in a while but wasn’t aware that she was in a bad way.
Thinking of her family and friends at this time…
DiMillie x

So so sad to read this news, I was another lymphoedema sufferer that Sara took time to help and inform, she was such a help and full of useful advice and sent me lots of relative articles. I know she will be sadly missed by family and friends but also by many of us on here ,she had such knowledge and was just such a nice person,another life ended too soon.

Sandra x

Sad to hear of Sara’s passing. She always had useful advice on lymphodema.
My deepest sympathy for her family and friends.
DiMillie x

Like all the other posters, I am so shocked and saddened to hear this news. Sara was very informative, so knowledgeable and helpful in her posts and I always regarded her as the ‘lymphodaema queen’ on here.

My sincerest condolences to all her family and friends and I hope that the happy times they shared provide comfort in difficult times.

Liz