Been referred to breast clinic

Hi, I am 60 years old and in good general health, had 3 children who I breast fed.  For as long as I can remember I have been getting like a little hard fatty or waxy spot actually in one nipple. It builds up over a few weeks and then comes away like a whitehead on the face eventually does. No pain, blood, liquid discharge. I always thought maybe it was hormone related but now post menopause I still get it. I last has a routine mammogram 6 months ago and never had any abnormal results.

Today I was at the GPs and thought I would mention it as I suffer from health anxiety and I had been focussing on this. She did a breast exam and found no lumps but has now referred me to the breast clinic which has frightened me.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar as the GP had obviously not seen anything like before or she would have said it’s x,y or z.

Thankyou for any help or understanding

Hello SassySally

Welcome to the forums.

While you are waiting for replies maybe you could give our free helpline a ring on 0808 800 6000 and have a confidential chat with one of the breast care nurses who are there to support you, lines are open to Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 – 2.00.

With best wishes

June, moderator