I’m on jobseekers allowance. Have I got to stop on it while I’m going through this diagnosis.



It would be a good idea to speak with your local Citizens Advice Bureau or perhaps MacMillan centre who will be able to advise you what to do. 


Helena x

Thanks Helena. I’m just not sure how to go about all this. Still trying to get over the diagnosis

Hi Charmaine

Are you a single person or do you have a partner and dependants?

You will need to claim Employment Support Allowance or Universal Credit depending on the area you live in whilst having treatment you should be put in the support group which pays a higher sum. You need to ring the DWP and ask to claim you should not stay on JSA

hope this helps 

SL x

Thanks SL. That’s a great help, I’ll do that and hope to get sorted soon x

Call Macmillan…they are a fantastic help! x

Thanks u2girlie. I’m just getting sorted hopefully with jobseekers allowance x

I’ve got a pre op coming up on 17th August and my op on the 31st August. And then maybe chemo or radiotherapy. It’s just so scary knowing ive got to have it done