Best surgeons or hospitals

Hi,

I am due to have a mastectomy and lymph node surgery in August (without reconstruction).

Does anyone know names of good surgeons and hospitals in England where thrre is good outcome data for breast surgery, e.g. where there are the lowest numbers of people needing followup surgery because the cancer hadnt been removed and best survival rates?

I know NHS choices gives this info for other types of surgery but it does not provide performance info in relation to breast cancer surgery and different breast surgeons.

Can anyone suggest sources of info or anyone I should speak to, or has been in the same position of wanting this information? Also, has anyone got any recommendations for particular surgeons or hospitals? 

Would be really pleased to hear from you - who to go with is a big decision. Thanks x        P.S. you may need to private message me as this forum doesn’t like consultant names being put into public view.

Hi latte4kate, 

I am sure some of our supportive users will be along soon to share their experiences. Also, thank you for reminding users that we do not allow health care professionals names to be shared on the open forum but we do have a private messaging feature.

In the meantime, if you do have any questions you can always call ourhelplineat 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about surgery and offer a friendly ear.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy