Bit worried.. Have mass in my tummy..

Evening. I had a BMX and siea reconstruction 20/12 ago for extensive dcis. Initially complicated by abdominal seromas needing weekly drainage. I found a mass in my tummy last week and saw surgeon today who is sending me for ct abdo and pelvis on Friday. Is it possible this could be related to my surgery? Can a seroma come back? Could it be a abdominal wall hernia? Panicked they got my histology wrong and it’s come back. Only just come to terms with it all x

Hi Shauna72, 

I am sorry you are going through this anxious time. I am sure some users will be along soon to offer their support.

In the meantime please do call our helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about what you have been experiencing and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Hi Shauna,hope your scan out your mind at rest and found your mass to be something easy to resolve .

Hope this could be resolve by taking medicines,but you should be clear about this what it is actually.Is it cyst,stone,hernia or anything else.May it could cure by medications.Reason of this mass can be urine passing less than 1 litre per day,by stopping urine it can occure.Symptoms are swollen tummy,pain in the abdominal.One should get consult to a good surgeon as it would be increase.