black verucca type spot on nipple of reconstructed breast

Hi all
can anyone help I have discovered a black verucca type spot on the nipple of my reconstructed breast (the teat part!) does anyone else recognise this. I have just got some sensation back in the nipple and it does hurt if i squeeze it as i thought it was a blackhead!! but it wasnt.
I am a bit of a worrier so I am probably regarded as a pain by my surgeon, who is lovely, but I am LOATHE to go back if this has happened to peeps and it is nothing.
Please help and i dont mind absolute honesty if it may be sus.
Many thanks for your replies.
Sue xx

Hi Sue

Whilst you are waiting for your fellow forum users to reply with their experience and advice please feel free to use our ask the nurse email service or contact the helpline with your concerns. Details of the ask the nurse service can be found at breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=119 and the helpline number is
0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.

I hope you find this helpful.

Kind regards

Sam
BCC Facilitator

Hi Sue

I haven’t had recon but understand that with any procedure where they’re grafting skin you should get it checked out incase of infection or problems with the blood supply to the nipple. Glad to hear you’ve got sensation though! And there’s nothing wrong with being a worrier, or a pain.

x