brand new to all of this and very scared??!!!

hello, i actually cant believe im sitting here saying these words, however, i found 2 very small lumps { i would actually call them  spots! } on my right areola area just on the edge of my nipple, my nipple is also inverted and last summer  after losing 2 and1/2 stone through the help of a personal trainer i noticed my right boob had what looked like pulled lines along the top, i put that down to weight loss. i am 41 on 25 may and my doc has reffered me to clinic for further investigations, i have googled all of this to the moon and back and now find myself here. my appointment is tomorrow and i m terrified, i have 4 kiddies, 15 , 10, 7, and 18 months, im fearig the worst. ???

Hi Lisa and welcome to the BCC forums
I am sure you will find support here and please also feel free to call our helpliners to talk things through on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Here’s a link to the BCC information about a visit to the breast clinic which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/breast-awareness/referral-breast-clinic

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Lisa, I know how you feel, I’m here for you too.
I wish you nothing but to get the best results tomorrow at clinic:)
x x

My appointment is tomorrow too. I’ll be thinking of you. The waiting has been awful and avoiding google is impossible (and has made me 192928181 times more anxious!)

I hope it goes okay xxxxxxx

Lisa-is someone able to go with you? Xx

Lisa. Are you okay? How did things go? Not sure about you but I was there for 4 hours but I felt calmer there than I have felt waiting at home.

Hope you’re okay.xxxx

Ill be in the other pocket! Lol.

It was okay and I felt calm once there. I think knowing you’re being proactive helps And having the tests under way feels better than waiting like we have been. The staff were just lovely.

I had someone come check, then ultrasound and then biopsy. They said I was too young for a mammogram. At each stage each person said “I think its benign” BUT I want 100% sure and so do they so ill be back on monday for the results. Its more waiting but I feel like its getting there now regardless the outcome.

Hi lisa

just wanted to swing by and check on you :slight_smile:

hi ladies!! thank you so much for your company throughout was a scary time for me.  good news for me!!! blocked milk ducts and inflamation due to having an ’ innie ’ nipple! thats it!! cannott believe how lucky i am, hope i never have to go thru something like that again!!! was talking about you both yesterday to my hubbie and im thinking of you for monday goldie, will pop on to your thread on monday to see how things r for you. i wish you all the best of luck and hopefully you wont dissapoint songbird either…lol! x

That is the best news! I am thrilled!! I have taken your Advice and I’m focusing on baby :slight_smile: its defo working. I’ve bought some bits and pieces and taking time out when she/he kicks which is so comforting.

Whatever the outcome I’ll be fine because I have this little one to look after. Xxx

thankbyou songbird, hope all is ok with you at he moment too. glad to hear your keeping focused goldie too, left a wee message on your thread, thanks again girls… hope your news is good goldie?? speak soon, take care, x