Breast and back pain after double Mastectomy

I had a double Mastectomy with lymph node clearance in December 2014, I am still getting breast and back pain which seem to go in a ring around my body where my breasts were, is anyone else experiencing this after a single or double mastectomy?

Hi Shennar

Maybe whilst waiting for replies you could call our free helpline and talk through your concerns with one of the staff who are there to support you.  The number is 0808 800 6000 and lines open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturday.

With best wishes

June, moderator

Hello shennar,
I had a single mastectomy and node clearance at the end of December.
I feel as though my breast has been replaced by a rectangular block of wood. My arm is stiff and numb. Have had lots of chemo and apparently we are not to worry as this is normal for us at this stage.
I do worry about Lymphodema in my affected arm, but got a leaflet from this website and have been doing drainage exercises which are helping, I think.
Are you having chemo?
My pain in chest and arm certainly increase after this for a week or two.
Good luck,
Natalie

Hi had dmx in jan and most mornings very stiff - used to feel like barbed wire around by chest though and that has eased. I use bio oil and neutrogena cream and that does seem to have worked a bit - plus you just have to keep up with the exercises to loosen up the muscles as everything gets back together. I started chemo this week and have had a few repeat nerve twinges but not too bad ( in terms of chest arm pain so far)