breast [problems;

hello everyone I have been reading some of the messages on the site and thought it would be a good idea to actually join the forum and add my own concerns which, compared to yours are probably are really insignificant but I am reliant on your life experience and expertise.
For about a month to 6 weeks. I have had pain in my left breast. This includes occasional burning and stabbing. The pain started at the side but is now at the top and seems to be behind the nipple. My armpit is also swollen. if I weight bear this causes more pain and swelling. When I compare both arms there is a noticeable difference in the mirror. The left being more swollen around the breast and armpit.
I have visited a GP who has referred me to a breast clinic next Monday. he told me it’s probably hormonal. I am 52 and towards the end of the menopause - or finished. I’m not sure?
In the past I was diagnosed with a benign cyst in the same breast. Could anyone please advise me as to what this might be.
Thank you
Morgen

Hi Morgen,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care Discussion Forums. I’m sure other forum users will be along soon to offer support but in the meantime I thought it might be helpful to post a link to the BCC publication Your breast clinic appointment:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/worried-about-breast-cancer/referral-breast-clinic-bcc70

Please do give the BCC Helpline a call if it would help to talk to someone in confidence. It reopens at 9am on Monday morning Tel. 0808 800 6000.

With best wishes,

Anna, BCC facilitator

Hi Morgen,
Couldn’t possibly tell what it might be, just want to offer support and wish you luck at your appointment on Monday xxx

thank you all for your kind replies. I will keep you updated.
warmest wishes
Morgen

Hi Morgen, just thought i’d wish you all the best for your appointment on Monday, come back and let us know how you get on. Lyn xx big hugs coming you way xx