Can I claim anything?

I have been dx with recurrence and due to have mx and node surgery and prob chemo. Hubby works and we have 2 kids under 12. Am i entitled to any benefits or is that only for secondary bc? thank u

If you are currently working and have to stop work you may be able to claim ssp or esa.

If you are disabled to the point where your mobility is impaired or you need help preparing meals for over 3 months you may be entitled to PIP. This isn’t automatic for a secondary diagnosis either, it is based on need.

If you contact your local Macmillan adviser they are very good at assessing if you are entitled to any benefits,and helping you claim them.