Cancer in both breasts

Super Tutor

It’s good to hear you are more relaxed.

Julia xx

I’ve noticed that many of you know the grade and type of cancer you have.I don’t, should I, or is that why they did the MRI? I guess I still don’t beleive I have it and information like that would help it sink in.

hopefully i’ll have a date for the op by the end of the week. Everyone else seems to have had their ops really quickly, but because of the MRI it feels like I have waited for ever. Did anyone else have an MRI before surgery?

I’ll be glad when it’s over.

By the way my name is Susan.

Hi Susan

I think you will find that they will tell you about what grade, type, oestrogen sensitive or not etc. when you have had your surgery. They look at the tissues taken under a microscope and do other tests called histologies. This is how the docs get the diagnosis. Then depending on results they make a plan and decide your treatment. They can’t get this diagnosis with MRI. Hope this helps.

Best wishes, Grace

Hi Susan, I had cancer both breasts, the second was picked up on MRI I had before surgery. This had not shown on mammogram so I was so pleased to have had the MRI. They were both primarys as I had endometrial cancer four years ago was initially so worried, but was reassured that they were primarys.

My surgery was 2 weeks after MRI.The waiting is the worst but once you have a date for surgery you will focus on that and then your treatment plan. It is surprising how the time goes once you have your treatment plan.

Good luck, let us know how you get on

Love
Brenda x

I received my MRI results yesterday. No new cancer was identified just that which was seen on the mamogram. So very good news. The cancer is low grade (1) also good news and I am having my op on 18/12/09. Although it seems a long way away it is only 2 weeks and it gives me something to focus on. It has helped a lot having support from all of you. Thankyou once again.

Hi Susan
Great news. It’s surprising how quickly the time goes when you have a date for the operation. You have a bit of time now to do some Christmasy things if you want, or you can be selectively “tired” and let everyone else get on with it.
Best of luck.
Love
margaret

Hi Susan
Great news indeed.
Ask away if there’s anything we can help you with in the mean time.
Take care and keep in touch x

thats good news

hope your op goes well and you have a lovely christmas

lulu x

The ops getting close now. It seems to be taking forever. I’m getting a little nervous. going to preadmission clinic today, breast care nurse on Wednesday and op on Friday. What a week. Did someone mention christmas?

hi supertutor, just wishing you good luck for Friday, you will be fine, I am now 7 months down the line and all treatment finnished

may even go back to work in the new year!!!

sending a hug

Carol x

Thankyou Carol. i wish you well.

Susan

Operation went well on Friday. home now sore and tired.

susan

susan glad your op went well… what a busy time you have had.

hope you can now put your feet up and relax and get pampered over christmas.

love lulu xx

My husband is taking very good care of me.

S

Now that the swelling is going down my breasts are very different sizes. Is there a store that sells bras with different cup sizes?

Susan

maybe you need a chicken fillet :wink:

my current side was extremely big post op with loads of swelling so was bigger on that side before any way but then even bigger post op but eventually subsided but took quite a few weeks before it deflated!

i was lobsided for the past 3 years but the new Bc in the other side has now evened me up a bit… although most recent side is still slightly bigger but once it has been zapped by the rads that may change.

now have def gone down a cup size… although my BS did offer to plump me up with a bit off tissue from my tummy… not quite ready for that yet but might consider it in the future… to fill in the holes.

I wont need pumping up, I’m about a c on the small side, and a DD on the other. But maybe the Rads will even me up, but as I’ll be having it both sides who knows!