cancer spread to the liver

Hello, This is my first posting,despite being first diagnosed in 2005.I had a local recurrence two years later, but have been fineup until now. I was told 4 weeks ago that the cancer has now spread to my liver as well as returning to the original site. After many scans I have been told that the liver cancer is operable. I would like to know if anyone has personal experience of this.
Thanks
Clarej

Hi clarej

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, I hope you will find them a great source of support.

Whilst you wait for the other users to reply with their knowledge and experiences you may find it useful to have a look at the BCC fact sheet on Secondary BC in the liver. If you would like to read this just follow the link below:-

breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/quick-order-list/*/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/9/

BCC also run a secondary live chat session every Tuesday evening from 8.30 to 9.30pm. Here you can talk on-line with other women in similar situation to your self. To join just click on the live chat link on the front page of the forums at 8.30pm on Tuesday.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Clairej
Really sorry to hear about your secondary diagnosis, your head must be spinning right now. However there are many of us on hear who are living long and well with liver and other mets. There is a good thread ‘Anyone else with liver secondaries?’ where you can read about many of our stories and get support.
Louise

Thanks very much Louise that’s very reassuring. Don’t wish to sound thick ,but how do I find the thread you mentioned. As I’m new to the site it all sounds a little alien to me.
many Thanks
clarej

Hi Clare, if you click on this link, it should take you straight to the thread you need.

breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/anyone-else-with-liver-secondaries–t10741.html

Alternatively, you could look at the menu at the side, and just click on the heading ‘Living with secondary breast cancer’

All the best xx

Thank you so much Lyn b, i have succeeded in following your instructions. I have found the thread very encouraging.
Clarej