Can't sleep and very worried

Hi looking to hear other people’s experiences to calm my nerves and help me sleep as my appointment for a recall from my routine mammogram is on Friday. It has come at a bad time as my Dad has just passed away and his funeral is on Monday. I am off sick from work due to stomach pains and I have ME and orstoarthritis in my spine and had my third lot of steroid injections in December. I feel like a right mess. I have always had lumpy boobs and this was due to hormonal changes and had a hysterectomy in 2012. I briefly was on HRT but came off it as I thought it sad upsetting my tummy. Just very worried

hi Fifi,
First of all, sorry to hear what you’ve been through recently, as well as this extra anxiety on top.
Most recalls turn out to be nothing serious, especially if this is your first mammo as there isn’t a comparison. Although it doesn’t feel like it now, the mammo has done its job in picking up something that needs to be more closely looked at. Even on the off chance it is more serious, then bc is very treatable these days with most of us going onto make a full recovery.
Inevitably, the anxiety is difficult as the mind goes into overdrive, but it will get resolved.
Let us know how you get on.
ann x

Thanks I understand all of what you have told me and your kind words hopefully I will sleep better tonight and will keep busy tomorrow as I am preparing for my dads funeral. One question does having a ME anc hormonal balance increase my risk of bc thanks Fiona

hi Fifi,
I wouldn’t know the answer to your question, its quite usual to look for explanations, but the reality is noone really knows.
Mostly all turns out to be well.
ann x

Hi Ann I had my appointment and there was s lump in my left breast had 4 mammograms from different angles and an ultrasound and they said it was a cyst and no treatment was required. The dr phoned and said I had to go back to have it aspirated after consultant with another doctor I am a bit confused. Fiona x

hi Fifi,
That’s great to hear! It certainly sounds like they were very thorough so at least the diagnosis is confirmed. If you haven’t already, it may be worth looking at ‘benign breast conditions’ on this site. I understand aspiration of cysts is quite common as Moggy says, obviously, they will confirm all this with you at the next appointment.
ann x