Chemo and sensitive ribs

Hi All.
I would really like soon advice or if anyone has had personnel experience of the following. I am about to have my 4th treatment of docetaxol pertuzumab and herceptin. I was dx double whammey this year with a small spot on my liver everywhere else clear. I have had right breast mx and node clearance and hear I am presently on chemo treatment. So far I have felt well through treatment with few side effects and I do still feel well. However in the last couple of days I have experienced sensitivity in the lower part of my rib cage. It can be sensitive to touch and feels very tight when I stretch. I think I have read that sometimes this can happen when on chemo becaucause your liver has to deal with all the toxins going through your body, but I’m not sure. I have no other symptons that my liver might be becoming enlarged (but then I never have) but I was wondering if this is typical. The skin around my mx has always been tight no matter how much cream I put on but this is definately my ribs. Has anyone any advice or experience of this. I see my onc on Monday for my reveiw before treatment so will ask her to. I am also aware that I feel every lump and bump at the moment as I am still getting used to a like of treatment. Thanks for reading. Angela

Dear elliedog

I am sorry to read of your worries. You might find it helps to talk things over with someone on our helpline. They can offer you practical information and emotional support. The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator