chemo induced menopause and then natural menopause

Hi all, I went through a chemo induced menopause aged 39 and then a year later had my ovaries removed. I finished my five years of arimidex last November. Just recently I’ve had more hormonal issues (what I hope are hormonal issues) a return of the flushes, tingling in extremities, legs and ankles and burning mouth syndrome. It’s driving me a bit crazy. I had an x ray to look at my back and all came back clear as did blood tests. I would love to know if anyone experienced a chemo menopause, then had a return of symptoms. I am not 45. What I believe is happening, is that my body is now taking itself through a more normal natural menopause despite having no ovaries etc. Is this possible? Has anyone else experienced these menopausal symptoms so late after having chemo and ovaries removed. would be great to know so that I feel as if i’m not going mad. Carrie 

Hi Carriemitch

Along with the replies you will no doubt soon have here please do feel free to call our helpliners to talk your queries/concerns over as they are on hand with practical and emotional support for you, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Take care

Lucy BCC