Chest pain after radiotherapy

Chest pain after radiotherapy

Chest pain after radiotherapy In Nov 2006, I had 15 x high dose rads to try and zap a large tumour that has shown up behind my sternum. I had been in a fair bit of pain, so was pleased when the RT quickly eased my symptoms. But the pain never really went away completely and in the last few weeks, it seems to be getting worse again, though nothing like it was before the RT. I am having another CT scan next month to see exactly how successful the RT has been, but am starting to wonder now that the pain is coming back. I mentioned this to my onc this week and was told that the pain is to be expected because of the damage to the bone and the effects of the RT. Has anyone had anything similar? Would be great to hear your stories…

Helpline and ask the nurse Hi Angelfalls

It sounds like you are having a difficult time at the moment. If you would like to talk to someone in confidence about how you are feeling, please feel free to contact our free phone helpline on 0808 800 6000.

If you want to ask any medical questions you may also want use the ask the nurse service.

Details of both of these services can be found at
breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=5072

Hope this is of help

Kind regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

had some pain Hi Angelfalls,

Sorry to hear you are in pain. I had 25 rads in january, 50 greys a normal bc dose I think.

I have not experienced what you have been through, with your high doses, and your area being treated,but have had pains in my ribcage after and was sore to touch, so maybe.

As ever you could ask your nurse or Gp and I am sure your onc is looking after you.

Whatever you decide I hope you feel a bit better soon. At least less pain!

I am thinking of you and sending you my very best wishes

Rosiex

Thanks for the sympathy, Rosie!

Realistically, the only way to find out how well the RT has worked is from my next CT scan and at least I now have a date for that, which makes it easier to focus. Just have to stop imagining every ache and pain is further spread until I get my results!! Every battle leaves its scars, even on the victor…

All the very best to you,

Mel (Angelfalls) xx