Climbing Kilimanjaro

Hello. I didn’t know what to call myself and opted for Kilimanjaro because it’s a huge mountain to climb but it is achievable. 

I had a WLE in February, followed by nodes clearance in March. Today I received a letter from the Leicester Royal Infirmary concerning attending a group chemotherapy talk on Monday 11th May. I’m taking everything one day at a time. 

I live in the Rutland area so if there is anyone out there who lives close by it would be lovely to meet up for a coffee and a chat.

John Lennon once said,“Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans.” I guess we all feel that way.

Hi Kilimanjaro and welcome to the BCC forums where I am sure you will the support you are looking for

In addition, our helpline is open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000 so feel free to call and talk any queries/concerns over

The following link will take you to the BCC undergoing treatments pages where you will find lots of information and further support ideas which I hope will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi kilimanjaro, I am Egret and I follow the April thread because I started my 6 x FEC 75 in April. Welcome! There is a thread for May you might wish to follow, messages from women sharing their experience as they progress through chemo at the same time than you! The kilimanjaro is in my “to do” list (not the climbing though!). Best wishes, Egret x