CONFUSED

Hi everyone, im newly diagnosed with grade3 ductal breast cancer.
had partial mastectomy done last week, tumor was 1.5 cm , he also tok samples of lymp nodes, them results are to be back monday, can anyone explain what i should expect to hear even tho i no everyone is different, also what ? i should be asking im a bit congused as this all happened really quick , plus im only 30.
also im going to see radiotheripist tomor afternoon whats this fir? is it to discuss treatment??
sorrry for all the questions i no we are all in same boat

breda
xxx

Breast cancer care can send you a resource pack which gives a lot of helpful information on different aspects of treatment.

Your lymph nodes are being tested by looking to see if there are any cancer cells in them. If there are this can affect the kind of treatment you get, although at aged 30 the chances are you will be offered chemotherapy at least as a precaution as it knocks out cells that may have travelled away from the breast. Those are the ones which cause the most problems long term.

You will also be offered radiotherapy as you have had a partial mastectomy and there may be some cells left in the breast. Radiotherapy mops up these cancer cells which are more sensitive to radiotherapy than normal ones are, which recover after treatment. They will explain about how radiotherapy is done, it is painless at the time but you have to stay in one position for a short time, topless. Some people get skin reactions like sunburn, which can go on for a while after treatment stops, but soon gets better after that (within 2-3 weeks) Your breast is likely to be firmer as well

Good luck

sorry you’ve joined us

Mole

hi mole , thank you very nuch for your advice, its just all thes things are being thrown at me and i get confused, iv never been to a hospital as much in my life, also im only over a hysterectomy 7 weeks , so its hard to take everything in, this site is really good and i no i will get advice and support along the way, and im sure il be able to do the same for others,
thanks

breda

Hi - sorry you have had to join the club however you will find that you will get lots of support on this site.
Do follow Mole’s advice and get the resource pack it is well worth it. It may be worth phoning the helpline - they can help you put together a list of questions to ask.

The one really good bit of advice several of the ladies on this site gave me was not to look too far a head - take each stage at a time and be very selective about which websites you use. There is a lot of inaccurate and scary stuff out there. Cancerbackup site is very good when you need to find out about chemo etc. (wait until you know you need it).

I hope that all goes well for you and - Good luck

Swanie

Hi Breda

Just to say hello to you on the site and I’m sure you will get bags of support and good information from other members. If you would like phone the helpline the number is

0808 800 6000

It is open Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm and Saturday, 9am - 2pm
Our helpline is a free and confidential service. Run by specially trained nurses, we are able to offer advice about services inside and outside Breast Cancer Care and can help you make informed choices about what you should do.

Best wishes at this difficult time for you

Emma

Breast Cancer Care

thank you girls, i will ring up and get more info .
going to see radiotheripist tommorow and getting more results monday so i should no more then.

love
breda

hi everyone, not long back from the hospital , cancer also showed up in lymp nodes so have to go in and get them removed on friday…

can anyone tell me what can i expect to be like after op ect

breda

Breda

Sorry to hear that you need to undergo another operation.
Hope you recover quickly, take care.

Debs
xx

HI I HAD 19 OF MY NYNPH GLANDS REMOVED ON THE 20TH JUNE MY ARMPIT WAS COMPLETY NUMB AND HAD SOME DIFFERNT SORTS OF PAIN IN MY ARM SUCH AS TINGLING AND BURNING SENSATION IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO BE ABLE TO LIFT MY ARM TO FAR BUT EVERYTHING IS NOW ON THE MEND AND I HAVE HARDLY ANY PAIN THE PAIN IS ONLY THE NERVES AS THEY SOMETIMES GET CUT DURING THE OPERATION AND YOU ARE LEFT WITH A SCAR BUT MY SCAR WAS SO NEAT AND I WAS A BIT SWOLLEN FOR AWHILE BUT THAT GOES DOWN MY ARMPIT LOOKS A BIT DIFFERENT NOW BUT TRUST ME AFTER A FEW WEEKS YOU SHOULD LOOK AND FEEL FINE I AM BACK TO NORMAL DOING EVERYTHING AGAIN GOOD LUCK

Hi Breda,

just caught with your thread and wanted to wish you well for your op tomorrow. I had a mastectomy in march and had a total axillary clearance at the same time.

The recovery was really quite quick and I was in very little pain or discomfort. Good old paracetamol certainly did the job during the day!

Anyway, all the best for tomorrow. Take care and be sure to let us know how you get on,

Kelly
-x-

thank you girls for your messages, bit nervous about tommorrow its my 3rd op in 8 weeks but hopefully after this il be able to start my treatment

will let you all know how i get on

tanx

breda

xxxx

Hi Breda,
my thoughts are with you for tomorrow, so sorry you are having to endure more surgery.
love n hugs Rosamund x

thanks, rosemud,
i no you have your problems too iv just replied to you on your thread…

breda

hi brenda
good luck for tomorow babe
hope it clears you sweetheart, i,m sure you will have great support here
sweet dreams tomorow
love
ceegra

hi girls,
just to let ye all know, all went well withop on friday had auxilary clearance done plus the WLE he took first time came back that it wasnt enough so he had to take more.
im doing grand just a bit sore, going back next week to gat stitches out and hopefully be stating fec in 6-8 weeks time…

thanks for yer continued support

love breda

well done hon take it easy for a while sweetheart glad all went well
love
cee

Well done Breda

Glad to hear you are up and about and doing well after surgery.

Debs
xxx

hi Breda,
Glad to hear all went well for you with the surgery,
thinking of you and hope all will be well soon
Lots of love Rosamund x

Hi Breda,

I’m so pleased the op went well for you. May you continue to make a speedy recovery. You’ll be joining us ‘chemo goers’ before you know it!

Take care of yourself,

Kelly
-x-

hi girls thanks so much for your kind support it really helps…

should be joining ye on chemo forum in few weeks, totally dreading the taught of it but il get true it too…

have apt next week to get fitted and pick style for wig, im also wearing bandana around the house to get used to wearing it and also for the kids so they wont get a fright when they see me, i have 2 kids one age10 and other one 6…

well thats all news for now back to hosp monday to get stitches out mite have more results to get too…

girls you know what im seriously having problems with gettin the rite bra…
any suggestions??
iv big boobs but cant wear underwired as they hurt they gave me one in the hosp and it just looks awful as it is soft with no support…
yer advice would be great

tanx

BREDA

XX