Contraception after chemo

I would welcome any comments on this subject as I recently asked my GP about this. He has been brilliant and has spoken to two different cancer teams in the North East and the Dr in charge of Family Planning but not one of them could say if I could still fall pregnant! I haven’t had a period in 3.5 years since my first regime of chemo, had a recurrence the following year so had another 4 chemo but had no period since the first dose in March 2011. I had blood tests in June 2012, 2013 & 2014 which have all said I’m still going through the menopause. His last words on the matter were “I got the impression from them that they thought it would be the last thing on your mind with what you’ve been through!”. I would welcome any advice BCC

Hi darlojo

Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their experiences and knowledge you might find it helpful to give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you are able to talk things through with a member of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as support and practical information. Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator