Could fibroadenomas Lumps still be cancerous & could they be wrong.

Last week the doctor at the Liverpool Royal told me that l had fibroadenoma lumps in my breast. Bin showing all of classic signs of having breast cancer. The doctor didn’t give me the choice to weather or not that l wanted them out. He was pretty stern & told me the lumps need to be removed but he didn’t say anymore. Still showing all the signs of breast cancer such as skin changes, discharge which is like a yellow sometimes dark green with a bit of blood mixed it. I feel like l am going crazy here. The lumps are hard and there is no pain at tall.
Even got a growth showing on the skin surface and the doctor didn’t seem to be listening to what l was trying to show him. This Growth was never there before & it do look very much like a tumour - it’s defiantly not a spot and is new. I am really scared out of my mind that it’s something a lot more sinister. Coz it wasn’t a spot. I am scared and l am scared stiff that they are not fully listening to me at the hospital. Could it still be breast cancer. I am still scared & worried. Can doctors be wrong or am l going crazy ??? I am going to be speaking to my own gp as soon as possible. Bin really scared and worried. I have so many questions when l asked my doctor at the hospital he didn’t explain anything. The only thing he said was that it was fibroadenoma & that the Lump needs be removed as fast as possible. I am still scared stiff.

Hi Amanda_baby_x, 

Welcome to the forum but I am sorry that you find yourself here and are going through this anxious time.

Our users are very supportive and I am sure they will be along soon to offer their support and share their experiences. We do have information on fibroadenoma which you can take a look at here. 

In the meantime please do call our helpline at 0808 800 6000. They will be able to talk through all the questions you have and offer a friendly ear to your concerns. The opening hours are below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm 

Best wishes, 

Lizzy